General

The beauty of nature

I need nature about in some way in my environment to help me feel more settled. Even little house plants are nice for me to have about. smiley

I do enjoy some nature programs themselves, too.
12 years

The beauty of nature

As a farmer, I'm lots in the outside. I love it. Love my job and where I live, even living in a farmbuilding, that causes a lot of work . It can be very nice and restfull working without a tractor, just alone in the field. But like today, with the freezing cold and frozen waterworks, I just hated it....lol
12 years

The beauty of nature

I grew up in a small community, a handful of houses in the middle of a fairly well preserved deciduous wood. It had been cleared once before but that was well over 50 years ago so all of the trees have grown back to adulthood.

Many were the days when my brother, sisters, and I would go out into the woods just to walk through the trees. And even more often than that I'd find myself just looking out over the trees, especially in the fall when the leaves turned. There's nothing more beautiful than a natural setting to me. And what makes it even better is that my father owns most of it, so there's little chance of it being cut again like what's happening to many of the other wooded areas around where I grew up.
12 years

The beauty of nature

Oh ya nature is good, also I do like to watch nature programing sometimes. But I grew up being surrounded by trees and animals all my life, so I rather see nature with my own eyes. Not really the Chuck Norris type though, couldn’t swim through dirt, more of a long weekend type or just a day trip. Oh just put in High Level Alberta in a internet map, that is where I'm originally from. Small town, out in the middle of nowhere, not a whole lot to do other than go out and see nature. lol Moved down to Calgary to see what it is like, city living is not bad, but I like having nature around, actually I lied a bit. I'm actually living on an old ranch, that the city gobbled up, so I guess not exactly city living. lol But I do see myself going back to living in an area with a lot of nature around it again, don’t know where really. You see some amazing things in nature, like I have seen the whole sky light up in Northern Lights, and they actually dance. smiley
12 years

The beauty of nature

I suffer intermittent depression,so when I feel down I go find a place which is peaceful and serene,and this calms and de stresses me.
I find it hard dealing with people in real life at times so this helps.
Bird Watching in a hide is even more satisfying,especially if I have spotted a rarity !!smiley
12 years

The beauty of nature

The Jurassic coast. My favourite place in the world. Nature programmes are great, but there's no substitute for the real thing smiley
12 years