General

This is a morrissey thread

The explosive kegs inbetween his legs.
12 years

Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others?
12 years

Oh wait, how could I forget: "You're The One For Me, Fatty"???
12 years

And for those of us sad enough to like Springwatch (otters! owls! badgers! moths! What's not to like?) as well as The Smiths:

&feature=youtube_gdata_player
12 years

I have to admit I kind of lost track of Morrissey after Vauxhall and I, but he would be iconic even if he hadn't recorded anything after The Smiths ended. The latter were simply one of the great all-time bands, one where all four members contributed something to the sound.

And Morrissey wrote "How Soon Is Now", which I still think is one of the greatest and most touching songs about loneliness I can think of.
12 years

Hahaha is it sad I don't even know who Morissey OR The smiths are ?
12 years

Layla wrote:

Haha not really - English, so wrong continent, and their heyday was before you were born. I'll let you off. It's a bit like me not knowing (or caring) who Nicki Minaj is (why does her name sound like rhyming slang for a ladygarden? And more importantly, does she realise?)
12 years

foxglove wrote:
Layla wrote:

Haha not really - English, so wrong continent, and their heyday was before you were born. I'll let you off. It's a bit like me not knowing (or caring) who Nicki Minaj is (why does her name sound like rhyming slang for a ladygarden? And more importantly, does she realise?)

hahah thanks for letting it slide this time haha
and dont worry youre not missing out on much with that Nicki Minaj, I listened to one of her songs and she repeated ' you a stupid hoe' over like 50 times and that was it. Raw talent there hahaa
12 years

Layla wrote:
I find this hard to believe, even if they are not your kind of music. Smiths songs get played on radio rather a lot, their music also gets used on a lot of adverts and their influence on just about every indie band that followed them is legendary. You've probably heard their stuff, but didn't know who it was.
12 years