General

Beautiful magazine - uk

rubyripples wrote:
One had a long article on how to look sexy for your man in bed (yes, really) and strongly advised that if you have a fat belly you must at all costs avoid small knickers as your belly fat could squeeze out of the leg holes, and that would look most unattractive and turn him off obviously. So you should wear camiknickers, with legs, which are "much more flattering" (read - slimming). I couldn't believe my eyes that they STILL clearly believed that fat IS ugly and that a woman's male partner was with her despite her fat and couldn't actually be attracted to his fat partner's body. It was all about how the woman could "hide" her fatness. In a magazine that was actually designed for plus size women, not even one designed for "all" women, like this new one.

smiley to the lot of 'em so far. lol

sorry but who the hell wears any type of panties while having sex ??
12 years

Beautiful magazine - uk

It does sound like there's a considerable gap in the market for a proper size-positive magazine, one that doesn't patronise, features ladies of all different shapes and sizes, and most of all, doesn't go on about size all the friggin' time!

Actually, maybe we should all get our heads together and brainstorm.... what do people think?
12 years

Beautiful magazine - uk

Ah, so you've spotted the minor blemish in my otherwise flawless plan... smiley

Maybe to simply avoid patronising, and the banning of diet and weight loss references would be a good starting point... a celebration of plus size if you will, rather than the 'make the best of an unsatisfactory situation' subtext that other publications appear to peddle.

Revolution, anyone?
12 years

Beautiful magazine - uk

Mmm I dont know how much of a market there is for a magazine that has no diet or exercise tips in it, apart from our community the reality is most big women want to lose weight and enjoy those articles.

I would totally read and love it though !
12 years

Beautiful magazine - uk

hard4fat wrote:
Layla wrote:
rubyripples wrote:
One had a long article on how to look sexy for your man in bed (yes, really) and strongly advised that if you have a fat belly you must at all costs avoid small knickers as your belly fat could squeeze out of the leg holes, and that would look most unattractive and turn him off obviously. So you should wear camiknickers, with legs, which are "much more flattering" (read - slimming). I couldn't believe my eyes that they STILL clearly believed that fat IS ugly and that a woman's male partner was with her despite her fat and couldn't actually be attracted to his fat partner's body. It was all about how the woman could "hide" her fatness. In a magazine that was actually designed for plus size women, not even one designed for "all" women, like this new one.

smiley to the lot of 'em so far. lol

sorry but who the hell wears any type of panties while having sex ??

When I lost my virginity, neither of us really took our undies all the way off. It can be hot, fully clothed sex. Depends on the situation. BUt not for the purpose of hiding fat!

so... virgins do then lol
12 years

Beautiful magazine - uk

Layla wrote:

so... virgins do then lol

Mwahahahaha!

Layla, you crack me up smiley
12 years