Gaining

Can thin get really fat?

I think anyone can become obese or even mobidy obese. However, age, activity, gender and size all contribute. I have found that being older, I gain very easily compared to ten or fifteen years ago. My activity level is pretty constant, but what I can eat now without gaining has changed. I used to be able to have ice cream with topping every night and not gain. I also ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches everyday, and not gain. Now however I snack a little more or have more desert for several nights, I gain weight. Just a thought.
11 years

Can thin get really fat?

i am definitely going to do it haha i can't see myself not getting very large. i am definitely up for the task at hand and ya it will take some effort but what doesn't
11 years

Can thin get really fat?

Sheryl on stuffer31 started out at less than 100 pounds and now, after years of gluttony, has nearly doubled her weight.

So it's certainly possible!
11 years

Can thin get really fat?

A number of my friends started out at a very average weight and have made it to the 400-500 lb range. It is certainly possible, though unfortunately it is quite rare.

Encouragement certainly helps. smiley

Jay
11 years

Can thin get really fat?

it's more difficult but thin girls can become really fat.

there are certain body types that are just more fat receptive. For instance women that carry weight in their hips, thighs, and upper arms. These kinds of girls gain weight easily and have high fat potential.

thin girls can get really fat but i think its harder to go from thin with low body mass to fat. First, I would suggest going from thin to adding muscle then getting fat.

I knew a girl that was thin - 5'7 125 and then got into fitness and light weight lifting. She put on some muscle and had thick legs and toned upper arms. Every time i saw her she seemed to be in more tip top shape until eventually you would have thought she was some kind of athlete. She was thick all over but it was firm and toned with muscle. Anyways, years later i saw her and all the muscle had turned to fat. She had big bingo wings, a big ass, thunder thighs, and a big flabby belly that looked so jiggly. I was pretty amazed that she was once that skinny girl i knew. So it is possible.
11 years

Can thin get really fat?

bbwbeth wrote:
Could it be that those who were slim into adulthood have a different idea of what 'overeating' is to us who have been fat for most of our lives??

Could it be that you eat more than you ever have done in the past, but that it is still not enough to gain quickly or massively?

I would imagine that the question is just like those morbidly obese people who ask if it is possible for them to lose weight ... of course it is ... both questions have the simple answer of calories in vs calories out.

Just eat more and do less! lol

Good luck x
Yeah,this is right.I've gone from 168lbs to 240lbs,by eating more and more.I'm at a bit of a plateau because I have a very active job and am single,so have to do all the usual daily stuff:shopping,gardening,stuff around the house etc.It's the same with a lot of people and that means that you can't devote as much time as otherwise to eating.
There was a documentary on TV a couple of years back about Barry Austin (Britain's fattest man)and it showed him going to a local cafe that did a huge cooked breakfast and he said he often had two.It showed him at an Indian restaurant where he often orders ALL the dishes on the menu and drinks 40 pints of beer on a night out!I read somewhere recently that Kellie Kay has said she eats 10 meals every day and that 6 of those are large meals.
Olympic athletes achieve the results that they do because they devote every waking minute of there lives to training 24/7,365 days of the year.
It's the same here..the top results can be achieved,but only if you devote yourself fully to it.
11 years