General

New star wars films...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE DIED

HE'S DEAD

HIS BODY WAS BURNT

HE TURNED INTO A GHOST

now, if it turns out that some new evil is using Vader's name and legacy as a dark lord of the sith and control the remaining fragments of the Empire, then that's fine

Let's hope that disney take the clever route
11 years

New star wars films...

blazin wrote:
So I guess this makes Leia a Disney Princess now.

Yes it does. And she's screamin, "HELP ME OBI-WAN KENOBI! YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE! GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" LOL

I surely hope they don't resurrect Vader. There are still plenty of badies for Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie to combat...courtesy of the books approved by Lucas himself. Plenty of lore to follow. No need to bring back Vader. And how are they going to resurrect him? Luke burned him to a crisp...unless. THOSE DAMN CLONES!smiley
11 years

New star wars films...

I was under the impression that the new trilogy was to be a movie adaptation of the "New Jedi Order" series, which is about the Republic's war with the Yuuzhan Vong.

Besides, I don't think this is legit. If they actually do this then they're going to piss a lot of Star Wars fans off. And besides, this is totally a stunt Lucas would have pulled, Disney is generally a better steward of their stories than this.
11 years

New star wars films...

pk4life wrote:
What if Luke resurrects Vader because Luke needs guidance that only a father could give, or Vader has knowledge to help Luke in some way. We can only hope that Disney won't ruin the films.

There is one instance in the EU where Vader appears to Leia *by mistake when he's actually looking for Luke* but that's not exactly "pivotal", as it says in the article.

I get the feeling that this is misinformation.
11 years

New star wars films...

Mattachu wrote:
OniGumo wrote:
I was under the impression that the new trilogy was to be a movie adaptation of the "New Jedi Order" series, which is about the Republic's war with the Yuuzhan Vong.

How long was the Yuuzhan Vong series? I know it was a major part of the EU, but I've never gotten around to reading any of it

If memory serves it's somewhere between 9 and 12 books long. But I feel it could be easily condensed into a trilogy.
11 years

New star wars films...

okapi wrote:
Still, I agree with you, I don't get why people think Disney owning Lucasfilm is such a terrible thing. Like I said, Miramax were able do their thing when owned by Disney, and Disney has handles its Marvel licenses pretty well (Avengers). And really, were the latest independent Lucasfilm efforts (Star Wars prequels, Crystal Skull) that great anyway?

I agree. I'll repost from the older topic about it:

I'm quite positive about it. Disney did just fine and didn't interfere/etc when they acquired Marvel - look how good The Avengers was! Lucas having full creative control was the reason why the prequel trilogy ended up being... controversial, and he was also responsible for the "Greedo shot first" thing and other much-debated edits to the original trilogy. He'll still be on board as a consultant so it should retain some of the proper Star Wars flavour, but it might be interesting to see how someone else handles this franchise.

People were terrified at the time Marvel was bought out, and they were saying things like like "oh no Mickey Mouse and X-Men" which never happened, and then they stopped talking about it and their worries fizzled out. Same thing here, only it's "oh no Mickey Mouse and Jedi".
11 years

New star wars films...

Exactly, in my opinion Disney is a fantastic steward of all of it's holdings. Without regards to The Disney Channel, which honestly hardly counts as that's tv not movies.

I'm really, really, hoping that they won't ignore the EU. I mean, it makes no sense for all of Hollywood to be wild about making movie adaptations for novels...except for Star Wars. I mean...what?!? lol
11 years