General

Anyone aware of the rumour...

... that eating chicken aparently results in boob growth?

Ment to be something with supposed hormones injected into it or something like that.

I was just suprised that is was an established "fact" and I'd never heard of it before.

Though saying that; I have always been partial to some and do have a noticable bust myself

Anyway - thoughts?
11 years

I was aware and you better believe I eat lotss of chicken in the hope of getting bigger boobies hahaa

not from coles though, they advertise that their meat is 100% hormone free
100% not for me
11 years

haha

"organic? what are you trying to pull - I want a big rack"

lol smiley
11 years

I've only seen research indicating that soy products (eg soy milk), use of anabolic steroids, or particular health conditions (hyperthyroidism, tumours, pituitary gland issues, etc) can cause man boobage.
11 years

smileyjxx wrote:
I am a medical student with a huge (dorky, I know) love for research. ^_^ I took a dig through my go-to research/current best medical practice databases, and found no legitimate research indicating it to be true.

That being said, as a young teen my GP warned me that all the hormones in the glass of milk I drank every day could very well have been influencing my rapid breast growth. So, even if there's no researching *confirming* the chicken vs breast size theory, there's at least plausibility to it.

yup - guzzle down milk in pints too

so if it's not the chicken, I can blame the milk smiley
11 years

I know that PETA loves to talk up all the stuff that hormones in meat and milk can do to us....but I've also not seen any real evidence backing these claims.

Of course, there are always extreme cases, and the accumulation of all sorts of influences may add up more than being hit by one all on its own would explain. But I doubt that my moobage has much to do with eating a certain amount of soy and washing with a tea-tree oil based face soap (a couple of things for which I've seen claims of estrogen like behavior).
11 years

I think people are missing the point. If you are a normal female with normal female hormones, then your breasts are as big as your heredity intended them to be. If anyone is lacking female hormones, then perhaps added hormones may have some effect. However, being fat also increases the female hormones in your system, so adding more may not help
11 years