General

Stolen pics used on fb page

I saw one of mine up there that I never gave permission for so I've sent them a message asking them to remove it as facebook doesn't seem to be letting me report it at the moment...

Thanks for letting us know smiley
11 years

[/quote]all sins aside I don't see the problem the guy doesn't seem to be passing the pics off as his own (the fact that it is a guy makes that obvious) should he have asked permission probably but ultimately he's not doing any harm there are tons of groups like this on fb and non have been flagged (yet) so if you are offended I'm sorry but get over yourself[/quote]

well of course you dont see the problem youve probably never had your photos made into vore comics or nasty farting comics like some of us

are there photos of you on that site ???
if not i suggest you shut up
11 years

oh so there are photos of you half naked on that group ?
thats really funny because I looked though some of the photos and it seemed to be all women
hmm silly me
11 years

wesleyv1 wrote:
I'm sorry but...what

You asked if I had fb photos I said yes I even gave my fb name to confirm this

And you completely ignore it

Whatever

Back to my point

he's not doing any harm however I do suggest that the owner of said pics messages him about it though

Look, I'll clear it up a bit, she was asking you a rhetorical question. Let me rephrase and expand it:

Layla: Are there photos of you on that guy's particular Facebook site/page? Have you had photos stolen and put up on display by someone else before? If not, then who are you to say it's okay for this guy to take photos of people from FF and put them on his page?

You don't know what it feels like for your photos to be stolen and/or used, so I don't think you can effectively judge in this situation and you should be quiet if you cannot judge effectively.

That's what she was trying to say. She wasn't asking if you had photos on your own Facebook page... because they'd be in your own possession and thus obviously not a problem, so there's no reason for her to ask about that within the context of this topic, which is about stolen photos.
11 years

wesleyv1 wrote:
Anyway my point still stands

Your point is pretty clearly that you don't understand why people wouldn't want photos of themselves intended for a certain audience to be taken and shown to a much wider audience than the subject is comfortable with, or in a capacity that they're not comfortable with.

And in that, your point still stands.
11 years

"I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's the status quo and I'm totally okay with that because it benefits me."
11 years

They've seen my message and my photo has been removed, so I'd recommend anybody else who doesn't want their pics on there to do the same.

Just because 'it happens' it doesn't mean it's right or that you are right to support it. As Wannabe Princess has said we upload our pics onto this site (a fat-positive space) with knowledge that there is risk that they'll get passed around, possibly in the wrong hands. I personally don't mind my pictures going around the online FA community, but I have a problem with my pictures being on an open facebook group, because people who have no interest in fat bodies can stumble across them very easily and I don't want my pictures being that easily accessible to non-FAs. Do I have any right to prevent this? No, but I do have a right to be offended if somebody disregards my wishes, my photos, and my body in this way. You cannot dictate how I should feel after discovering that somebody has uploaded pictures of my body onto their website. My photos, my body, my feelings. Your opinions do not matter, nor do any of us have any obligation to explain our feelings to you.

wesleyv1 wrote:
And maybe just maybe this is a good thing cause now it's out and now those girls don't have to hide who they are anymore

It's NEVER a good thing for anybody to 'out' somebody else without their consent.
11 years

wesleyv1 wrote:
So lying about who you are is a good thing now

For the sake of many people's emotional, mental and even physical well-being it can be the most safe thing to do, yes. Not that I would consider keeping quiet about your sexual kinks/fetishes 'lying about who you are'.

Regardless, it's not anybody's business to 'out' another person. It violates their autonomy, insulting their ability to make choices regarding their own life.
11 years

Hahaha I certainly don't live a lie. I am who I want to be (believe it or not my being doesn't revolve around the expression of my naked body on the internet), I'd just rather fetishised pictures of my body are not so readily available for my nan to see on facebook. I took those pictures for a specific audience, I don't need or want anybody else to see them.

You do realise that 'those girls' you're talking about aren't just some abstract concept? We are the people on here, telling you that you're wrong.
11 years

I have spoken about this in the past when discussing closet FA's actually... there's nothing wrong with concealing a sexual fetish from people, but there is something wrong with concealing an entire person from one's friends/family, which is what closet FA's do.

It's not like people of other fetishes regularly go out in public and tell people they like leather or balloons and I'm pretty sure they live their lives just fine with it being a delightful and erotic secret.
11 years