General

Random trivia

Blarney: Time-Life style spoof. (Episode "Into the Woods" )

Georgie (Episode: "Georgie must Die" )

---

In the series Harry Potter, the Headmaster Albus Dumbledore has a rather fabulous name. What is this character's full name?
11 years

Random trivia

The death of Kurt Cobain was officially ruled a suicide, but there are those who doubt that ruling.

As fans of the Beatle's will know, the song Hey Jude is written about John Lennon's son. But on this track Paul McCartney sings lead vocal. Why is this?
11 years

Random trivia

OniGumo wrote:
The death of Kurt Cobain was officially ruled a suicide, but there are those who doubt that ruling.

As fans of the Beatle's will know, the song Hey Jude is written about John Lennon's son. But on this track Paul McCartney sings lead vocal. Why is this?

Sigh.

Answer: John Lennon thought it sounded better sung by Paul McCartney.

---

Alright. The Dark Tower series by Stephen King unifies much of his works, having tie ins from several of his popular novels including IT, 'Salem's Lot, and the Stand. But this series also contains several other literary references. Name two.
11 years

Random trivia

For use in building materials that desert sand can't be used for (like cement).

What was Steven Moffat's first televised Doctor Who script called, and why was it written? (Hint: It's not The Empty Child)
11 years

Random trivia

Cheeseburger_Addition wrote:
smiley If anybody been fan of Mr kings then this question was a no brainer as the book series references a lot Mr kings books. So here are two what came to my mind Hearts in Atlantis and Bag of Bones and just for fun here other two Black House and Cujo. smiley

I actually meant external to Stephen King's body of work. Such as there is an oblique reference to Harry Potter in the book Wolves of the Calla, and in Wind Through The Keyhole there is a reference to the King Arthur legends and to the Chronicles of Narnia.

---

Four reasons for the Crusades.

To get back the land taken by the Muslims after a few centuries of being invaded by the Muslims.
To free Jerusalem taken by the Muslims
To help Constantinople threatened by the Muslims.
To get their own back on the Muslims.

New question.

How about something relevant to this site's nature.

To whom goes the honor of having the largest waistline in history?
11 years

Random trivia

Nobody likes my questions...:o:o:o

Answer: Walter Hudson, who's waistline measured 119" at his highest recorded weight (1197lbs)

---

Name one character omitted from the theatrical release of Lord of the Rings.
11 years

Random trivia

wesleyv1 wrote:
Poisonous creatures don't administer poison directly while venomous creatures do

What is the janitors real name on scrubs and in what episode was it revealed

The Janitor's name is either Glen Matthews or Tommy. Episode "My Finale" (which, in my opinion, really should have been the series finale of Scrubs because that episode was beautiful)

---

In the Disney move "The Lion King" Rafiki pursues Simba chanting "Asante sana, squash banana, we we nugu mimi apana!" What is the English meaning of this?
11 years

Random trivia

biggerjackhornerpie wrote:
Gargoyles

Mike is thrown out of the TA and is played by which actor in which sitcom?

Mike in Spaced, played by Nick Frost. Hehe, hilarious series smiley

What links: Simon Le Bon; Mark Hollis; Matt Johnson; Marti Pellow?
11 years

Random trivia

Bands with repeated words in them: Duran Duran, Talk Talk, The The & Wet Wet Wet.

Who invented the Camberwell Carrot (and why is it so namedsmiley)?
11 years

Random trivia

I'm not answering (can't think of a question) but just want to say:
"If I medicined you, you'd think a brain tumour was a birthday present."
smiley
11 years
12   loading