Extreme obesity

Georgia back in hospital

First of all, I don't know how reliable the tabloids are. Secondly, once someone starts yoyoing, it is going to mean wide swings in their weight. Yoyoing is also very bad on the body. Most likely if she just stayed at a high weight, she would be better off. She will probably end up dying from her weight swings, and they will blame her weight rather than the yoyoing.
11 years

Georgia back in hospital

I also don't understand the line "her cellulitis has worsened." Cellulitis is an infection which is fatal if not treated and stopped. It's not something you live with and get treated only if it gets worse. Obviously whoever wrote the article is not a medical expert.
11 years

Georgia back in hospital

TheMarshmallow wrote:
johnxyz wrote:
Most likely if she just stayed at a high weight, she would be better off.

No, 63 stone is hugely unhealthy and I'm pretty sure there's no way to be healthy at that weight. And even if you disagree, there's no healthy way to reach that at 19.

Despite what many would like to believe, being obese can be dangerous especially at that level. Maybe some people would like to be/are happy being that heavy, but for her, losing it is definitely the best choice.

It seems that every time she loses weight, she regains more than she lost. So, I don't think that losing it is a choice for her. The only choice is to stay at a high weight, or yoyo and let her weight get even higher.

I should add, that she is well above my preference. So, it's not that I want her to stay at that weight.
11 years

Georgia back in hospital

I'm just gonna throw this out there. Recent studies suggest that it's nearly impossible to stick to a diet and remain at a significantly lower weight for people who get to sizes like she's grown to.
11 years

Georgia back in hospital

comfypear wrote:
I think it runs deeper than just a lifestyle change. and it is so easy for all of us to make comment when very few of us have such a big challenge in life result, what ever the answer is it won't be easy for her and won't be an overnight

First of all, don't believe the tabloids. I have seen TV shows interview NAAFA people, and they lied about what they ate, made big spreads about what they ate (tables full of food) that just wasn't true.

Secondly, the human body is very resilient. When it stops eating, it does not know it is trying to lose weight. There is an automatic mechinism which both slows the metabolism to store more fat, gives extreme hunger pains to encourage people to eat more. Once you get fat cells, you generally do not lose them, you can only shrink them. And the natural tendency is for the fat cells to be normal size.

Also, most of the famous fat people like Walter Hudson died after dieting, few, if any died at their highest weight.

Again, she is larger than my preference. So, I am NOT saying she should get fat. I am saying that dieting is making the situation worse, and making her even fatter.
11 years