Gaining

Gaining with 'ensure'

I gained between 15-20 pounds in two months by using Boost Plus, which is a lot like Ensure. It works pretty well and is mellow on the stomach but also heavy, so drinking three at once is a bad move, especially before bed. Your best bet if you want to gain is to up your caloric intake through solid food and then sneak the Ensures in during times of the day when you wouldn't be eating anyway or aren't hungry. Start at 2-3 a day and once your body's used to them you can go as high as 5 every day in addition to your normal solid food intake. And that's fat central.

Good luck!
11 years

Gaining with 'ensure'

Ensure helps quite a bit, I've used it in the past. It can be pretty expensive though. Some tips:

- Stay away from store brands. In my experience, they are gross. Ensure at least tastes decent.

- Get Ensure Plus, regular Ensure has a lot less calories.

- Look for coupons, they're out there. Like I said, it can be expensive.

- Take it before bed, and after meals. I'd avoid using it during the day, as it may kill your appetite.

- I found a cheaper alternative, which may or may not be available locally to you.

14 oz, 390 calories, 14g fat ... costs about $1.50 per bottle... cheaper than Ensure, tastes better, just less vitamins...
11 years