General

Male domination

I agree with Ruby and Essex.

From experience of the London meet-ups, they are usually female-dominated. There are perhaps a handful of extremely nice guys who turn up regularly, who by showing up (that is KEY!) and being normal and charming, have essentially the pick of the women (or could, if they chose to, in my humble opinion, and some of them do!). They are not models or geniuses (sorry guys, love you loads) but they make the effort to get to know people, they are pleasant and have some banter and personality, and are simply easy to get on with, courteous but fun lads who I am delighted to know.

I'm just saying it's not impossible and nor is it luck or difficult to achieve. It just takes a modicum of common sense, people skills, and the willingness to get out there and get to know people.
10 years

Male domination

rubyripples wrote:
A lot of them just want sexy chat, then go back to their slim girlfriends/wives. There are lots of females on the site looking for a boyfriend, but are disheartened due to the amount of men that strung them along then disappeared.

Exactly this. It often feels just as 'pointless' as a woman looking to date! As foxglove says, it's not particularly hard to catch our eye. I personally would talk to anybody who is in the UK. Alas, 80% of the messages I get are from people who aren't in my country. I get that some people aren't just looking for sexy chats and are happy to just chat, but I already have real life friends from FF so I'm not particularly interested in making friends who I'm never going to see.
10 years

Male domination

foxglove wrote:

From experience of the London meet-ups, they are usually female-dominated. There are perhaps a handful of extremely nice guys who turn up regularly, who by showing up (that is KEY!) and being normal and charming, have essentially the pick of the women (or could, if they chose to, in my humble opinion, and some of them do!). They are not models or geniuses (sorry guys, love you loads) but they make the effort to get to know people, they are pleasant and have some banter and personality, and are simply easy to get on with, courteous but fun lads who I am delighted to know.

I'm just saying it's not impossible and nor is it luck or difficult to achieve. It just takes a modicum of common sense, people skills, and the willingness to get out there and get to know people.

wait... I could do what now? smiley
10 years

Male domination

JulesTeak wrote:
foxglove wrote:

wait... I could do what now? smiley

Yes, YOU, Jules!!!! Doooo itttttt
10 years