Gaining

Waist/pant sizes?

As for the comment on the development of double-bellies. This is something I want to avoid, but as stated earlier most jeans that will go over my thighs won't stay up under my belly. So I wear my jeans over the belly while standing and pull them down underneath when I sit. Problem solved.
11 years

Waist/pant sizes?

In response to the comment about size inflation, yes, clothes have gotten larger at the same size. At 6' 208 or so I wore 38 inch pants, but my waist was actually 41 inches. Now at 230, my 40 inch pants are tight, but my waist is actually 44. A 280 pound guy at 6' therefore might have a 50 inch waist but still wear 44-46 inch pants. Typically I figure about 7 pounds per additional inch on the waistline.
11 years

Waist/pant sizes?

fatrnfatr wrote:
In response to the comment about size inflation, yes, clothes have gotten larger at the same size. At 6' 208 or so I wore 38 inch pants, but my waist was actually 41 inches. Now at 230, my 40 inch pants are tight, but my waist is actually 44. A 280 pound guy at 6' therefore might have a 50 inch waist but still wear 44-46 inch pants. Typically I figure about 7 pounds per additional inch on the waistline.

This is so True!

I have 36" in most of my Shorts, Jeans and Slacks. The shorts do not fit anymore on to the few 38" pairs I have around, Slacks are very snug and jeans when stretched out and not washed are still good.

I measured my belly empty, belly Full after eating "which is all I do lately so my belly never is really empty" and waist empty out of curiosity today.

Belly empty: 45.5"
Belly full; 47"
Waist empty: 40"

Once again my 36" fit good but I also wear them well below my navel and big belly. I was pretty aware of the first two measurements but the waist totally shocked me.

I wonder why shorts are so much smaller in the waist then even slacks based on the sizing....anyone else notice that?
11 years

Waist/pant sizes?

I am now about 460 - 470 pounds and wearing pants nr 78 from Pioner factory in Germany. These meet my requirements the best as I like to wear my pants over my big belly. Other companies production and sizes are different and does not fit with my body type so well. So one thing to take consideration as well is different sizing in use, therefore we should speak not only sizes but as well about waist measurements. Right now I am 180 cm (sorry I dont know this in inches and I am too lazy to calculate it). Generally speaking at clothes is that in last years I have gained (not intentionallY) like 20 - 30 pounds in each year, with that my waist has grown about 10 cm each year. In size wise it has added about 3 units to my pants size and one X to shirts.
Again sizing is strange I must wear 10 XL shirts, but my waist is not 200 cm.smiley
11 years

Waist/pant sizes?

5-11, about 195-200 depending on my budget at given times, and wear a 38-waist in most pants. Doesn't sound too dramatic, I know, but my pants stays below the belly these days. Much more comfortable that way. And I expect to be unbuttoning my jeans to eat a lot more often in the future smiley
11 years

Waist/pant sizes?

I think it has to do with height. I didn't keep track of it, but I'm fairly sure that my inches took more pounds to create them. As I'm 6'6" and quite broad of frame.
11 years

Waist/pant sizes?

I'm 6'1'' round 308lbs & wear size(uk) 42-44 jeans
11 years

Waist/pant sizes?

I'm 5'9 278 and wear a 46 jean but my waist is 55". When I was at my biggest 336 my waist was 64 and wore a very tight 54" jean once n awhile . 3x track pants was the most comfortable .
I've documented my measurement from a young age and its interesting to look back at them to compare as I've been losing weight . Don't want too , but health issues forces me too .
11 years

Waist/pant sizes?

I'm 5'8" 255 lbs and I wear a 44" jeans and measure 51" around my belly. I wear my pants under my belly which really is my only option as I'm blessed, or cursed, with a big ball belly.
10 years
12   loading