General

Achievement unlocked:

Gainfully employed.

I got the seasonal position at the Ebay distribution center. I start today at 4pm. That'll be a bonus for my Christmas Present fund, a detractor for my sleep since it's 2nd shift which basically means I'll still be able to substitute. But anyway the supplemental income will be nice. Hopefully I'll get the weekend off.
10 years

Achievement unlocked:

And lost it in record time. Couldn't handle the work and was too far under production, they told me to leave yesterday. At least I'll have some extra money for Christmas shopping.
10 years

Achievement unlocked:

Thankfully my seasonal job is just that. Literally!

Hickory Farms will be gone from this mall on the 27th and from day 1, the manager hasn't really cared about me and the Kiosk I was hired to run.

I hate it, as I would hate working at amazon it sounds. lol But it's a nice side income that is actually going to be HUGE in helping my next film project. Then in January, back to web design/sales and filming. smiley

Keep up the good spirits OniGumo and don't be afraid to DRINK some good spirits too! lol
10 years

Achievement unlocked:

I hope the eighty or so dollars I should actually be paid shows up in my account in time for it to help me with Holiday shopping. I'm going to try and knock all of mine out this Friday (I haven't started yet. Procrastinators UNITE!! Tomorrow...)
10 years

Achievement unlocked:

eve wrote:
I just saw an undercover documentary last week about people working in the Amazon dispatch centres. Made to walk round pushing heavy trolleys for ten hours, expected to pick an item every twenty seconds or something, sometimes in the dark when the lights went out. The undercover reporter's feet were covered in blisters and he was absolutely exhausted. He had one of those pedometers? on and walked ten and a half miles in one shift. There were supervisors on his back all the time to speed up too.

I think they sack people all the time if it's any consolation, because they seem to require some kind of superhuman athletes.

That's pretty much what it was like for me. Just a bit less walking. By the end of it on the first day was I dehydrated and borderline incoherent. I could feel blisters rising up on my feet, my back felt like it was on fire, and my knees hurt. All together I could barely walk when the shift was over. (This was all probably due more to my prodigious fat-stores than the difficulty of the work...but I feel that the workers should have at least been provided with a water cooler that wasn't half a mile away...).
10 years