Gaining

Embarrassing moments

What are your most embarrassing weight gain related moments? I'd love to hear them!

For me, I had to buy new (bigger) pants pretty regularly while i was gaining weight. I had gone from a size 40 to a size 56 in about 2 year's time. Anyway, I was in a rush to get some new pants so I could get to work on time. So I went to the local fat & lanky store, grabbed some khakis, rushed home to put them on, then went straight to work. In the mad rush, I had overlooked the size sticker that was displayed on the back of my leg. After displaying my embarrassingly large waist measurement to dozens of people, somebody finally pointed out my overnight.smiley
11 years

Embarrassing moments

I've split a few pairs of jeans and slacks down the back in my time. I've also had my fair share of benches/chairs collapse under me.

But, by far, my most embarrassing experience has to be when I was taking classes at the Community College. I was sitting the lecture hall, Bio 101, and the auditorium seat I'm in makes a horrible popping/grinding sound and then I drop three inches. Mortified I sit there without saying anything until the end of class, and wait until I'm the last one there before I get up to leave.
11 years

Embarrassing moments

Lawn furniture is my natural enemy. It really started to sink in how heavy I was getting when I sat in a lawn chair at a bonfire with friends, and by the end of the night the chair was nearly flattened and stretched super wide to accomodate my big fat butt.
11 years

Embarrassing moments

Wow, you all have much better stories than I do! Seat size is always a bit of a sticky situation. I think my defining "fat" moment was when I could no longer fasten the seatbelt on an airplane without an extender. I've also had trouble fitting my *** into narrow seats at sporting events & restaurants. Squeezing behind booths is challenging at times also, but I don't believe I've ever broken a chair...
11 years

Embarrassing moments

TheCannibal wrote:
Not a personal fat moment, but my fiancé's mom catching me giving him a belly rub was...awkward.

Hehe, I quite like your story.

---

Lawn furniture has been mentioned so it must be said that it is also a no-no for me. I've destroyed more plastic lawn furniture than I care to mention. Also, one time while drinking with some friends the others were sitting in lawn furniture but I declined because I knew I'd break them. So the friend my brother an I were visiting, ex-military guy, goes inside to get one of his army-issue stools for me to sit on. It didn't survive.
11 years

Embarrassing moments

Not a huge deal, but it did embarrass me.

When we got married we were young and tight on cash. We agreed that instead of the traditional outfits we'd get things we could wear again-- her a nice dress, me a good quality suit. And we explained this to pretty much everyone.

A year later one of my friends got married....the first occasion we had after our wedding to dress up. Ummm, neither of us could fit into our wedding outfit. I would have actually saved money renting a tux.
11 years

Embarrassing moments

the best I have was a plastic folding chair breaking within seconds of sitting on it...

but I turned it into a huge comedy moment, cause that's what I do. it ended up not being embarrassing at all...lol
10 years

Embarrassing moments

I was pretty drunk once and plopped down in a cheap beach chair that immediately crushed underneath me. It was really old fwiw, but still, I remember my friend just gave me this crazy "holy hell you are FAT" look that was so awesome and funny
10 years

Embarrassing moments

Also, trying to maneuver through stadium seating aisles and accidentally giving everybody a lap dance. I just smile and apologize
10 years

Embarrassing moments

darlingpiggy wrote:
Also, trying to maneuver through stadium seating aisles and accidentally giving everybody a lap dance. I just smile and apologize

Sounds like a perfect night out to me - a game & a free lap dance! Instead of "I'm sorry" you should be saying "you're welcome"!

But you bring up another great point. Stadium/arena seats are a nightmare. At many venues I would have to let by blubbery butt & thighs slowly pour into the seat past the armrests. I was always afraid that I wouldn't fit! Only one time I didn't... One of the most embarrassing moments of my life.
10 years