Gaining

Can coumadin make you fatter

You're so focused on the potential side effect that you're missing what the drug is for and what the unnecessary use of anticoagulants can do to your body. Frequent blood testing is needed to ensure that someone's taking a safe dose, as too high of one- or improper use of the drug- can result in nasty things like coughing up blood, bleeding in the nose or gums, or blood in urine or stool.

Even for what it's supposed to treat, the benefits have to outweigh those side effects in order for it to be considered as a therapeutic measure because those side effects are dangerous.
10 years

Murphy wrote:
You're so focused on the potential side effect that you're missing what the drug is for and what the unnecessary use of anticoagulants can do to your body. Frequent blood testing is needed to ensure that someone's taking a safe dose, as too high of one- or improper use of the drug- can result in nasty things like coughing up blood, bleeding in the nose or gums, or blood in urine or stool.

Even for what it's supposed to treat, the benefits have to outweigh those side effects in order for it to be considered as a therapeutic measure because those side effects are dangerous.

This.
10 years

dragonflye wrote:
i know she was asking me to find out for her. she and i know all of the serious stuff . she got a blood clot in her arm after she had her baby. im veary worried for her this is the last thing she needs . but on the other hand is trying to learn everything about this drug so she is well knowleged about it

Why would you ask here, in the context of this site, if that's the case?

I found what I did with less than five minutes on Wikipedia. It's not difficult to find this information.

And why so much concern over this one potential side effect?
10 years

Prednisone will cause weight gain as a side effect.
10 years

My dad was on Warfarin for the last five years of his life. I can 100% tell you he did not gain weight, in fact he lost a good couple of stone.

Bottom line: pissing about with prescription medication to try and get a WG side effect is at best moronic and at worst suicidal.

Don't do it.

fantasyfeeder.com/cms/infusions/about/website-rules.php
*STAY HEALTHY*
10 years