Gaining

Guide to weightgain(skinnies)?

Stomach stretching: portion control.

Eat until you're as full as possible WITHOUT being ill or in pain, and take note of exactly how much food and drink it took. Then take it easy for a day or two and go again. Eat exactly as much as you did last time and then keep eating, SLOWLY, until you feel the same way you did the first time. Repeat as many times as you need to. This way you'll get a sense of the rate at which your capacity is increasing, and you won't throw up and demoralise yourself.

If you find your capacity isn't increasing, you might like to speak to a doctor about it. There might be something you can take to make eating more comfortable.
10 years

I have trouble getting really full. I just can't keep eating. I would recommend, just a lot of snacking on heavier foods, cheeses, lots of sweets. Just nibble, you don't have to stuff yourself to gain weight. I have been steadily, though slowly gaining, mainly be just eating more in between meals.

Enjoy yourself, gaining is so much fun!
10 years

Everything said here is very good and true.

My own tip would be alcohol. It's about 200 empty calories per pint (and, since you're Dutch, you'll have good access to those magnificent Belgian beers which will have significantly more), plus:

- drinking increases snacking, and in a bar that typically means nuts, crisps, pretzels or the grand prize, pork scratchings: all very high in fat
- when you're pleasantly tipsy and making your way home is the ONLY time those late-night greasy pizza shacks, kebab vans etc look good

And everything everyone else said was already on the forum. Take the time to browse it. Sometimes I despair of reinventing the wheel every month.
10 years