Gaining

Size perception/random ?'s

OnyxStar wrote:
Hey everybody!

Ok so here is a question, is it just me or does anybody else feel smaller than they really are? For example when I shop for clothes now, knowing that I have gained, I will go to pick up a size and be shocked when its too small? (A good feeling though unless I cant find clothes :/ )

Or when you see yourself in a picture, but in the mirror you feel much smaller?

All of this 100%. Sometimes I love realising how fat I've actually gotten though
10 years

Oh well i really can hardly tell about my clothes nad perception when buying cause i really go rarely shopping .....

Although with a girl that could be sexy to do now haha and see how my perception really is when i tell her to bring me a 34 levi´s ^^

But i do get a lot of comments on one site where i always tease the chubby ppl and now i get some rare comments about that i´m not so slim myself anymore well maybe i tend to think i´m fitter than i am ;-)
10 years

I think all of you have a good point. I think here in the states, there is also a bit of a conspiracy with clothes sizing. I have a forty-four inch waist, measured around my naval, love handles, obviously my widest. I wear my jeans, pants etc. lower on my waist, their I measure around thirty nine and one half to forty inches, yet, I still fit and can wear relatively comfortably size thirty six waist pants. I recently bought a two pair of "Wrangler" trousers at Wal-Mart. They stated on the labeling that your waist could be two inches larger and they would still fit comfortably, which they do.
I recently finished service in the US military. The uniform sizes are exact. There is no way I can fit into any of my older size thirty six uniform trouser, not even close! Go figure!
10 years