General

Thin sister & ssbbw sister

I don't have much first hand evidence or info.

But I have to say this is a really interesting post.....I think there are many Psychological factors that can play a big role that may even trump genetics. Not to mention Social, environment and medication of any sort.

Psychological - Depression, feeling toward food and comfort eating.

Social - Always hanging around heavier people can rub off on you with eating habits, activities and overall acceptance by comparison.

Environment - I am sure it has something to do with a few Lbs. either way.

medication - A lot of people gain weight from many medications....and not just types for depression.....the list is pretty extensive for side effects of weight gain on so many med's.
10 years

But I have to say this is a really interesting post.....I think there are many Psychological factors that can play a big role that may even trump genetics. Not to mention Social, environment and medication of any sort.

Social - Always hanging around heavier people can rub off on you with eating habits, activities and overall acceptance by comparison.

medication - A lot of people gain weight from many medications....and not just types for depression.....the list is pretty extensive for side effects of weight gain on so many med's.
10 years

10 years

whoop's....sorry for the triplicate....damn post wouldn't send...or at least I thought...kinda trigger happy I guess!
10 years

Wannabe Princess wrote:
Me & my sister. Same parents, different lifestyles. (I would prefer not to read negative comments about her weight/body)

Hopefully people will not post negative comments. For one thing, if it is OK to post negative things about thin people, then that makies it OK for other people to post negative things about fat people. Also, many people on this site are thin, for one reason or another, or havee thin friends and relatives.
10 years

Moved to general forum
10 years

One side of the family were farmers so having muscle mass was par for the course, while the other half of the same side were big and stayed that way. These were my great grandparents by the way, my mom's side were Irish potato farmers and came here because of the famine at the beginning of the century. The other side of her family were also German and not tiny either. Then we get to me and my sister, sister is 29, 6'0" light brown hair, athletic build and me age 31,5'9", brown hair, not athletic. I'm not BBW level but I'm also not wearing single digit sized clothing either. Lifestyle is the factor in our differences I'm the bookworm, computer geek, stay at home type, she's the partier, clubbing, get drunk type.
10 years