General

Pokemon! ^_^

Preview video of a new legendary Pokemon, Hoopa, a Psychic/Ghost type. Seems to be based off a djinn (some may know these as genies):

9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Apparently Hoopa will be the event Pokemon release for the 2015 XY movie in July this year, hints were dropped in trailers about it and we see the same rings that are in ORAS for the legendaries on the Mirage spots. Unfortunately since I have to be part of the North American event release we won't get it until 2016 after they've CG'd the hell out of the movie and dubbed it for us stoopid North Americans who don't want to make the effort to read subs.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

PhantomLord wrote:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks there are too many Legendaries.

Funnily enough, Gen VI is the only one so far that doesn't have a legendary trio (like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres) at all. It's interesting.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Then what does that make Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygarde if not another legend trio? Or Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion?smiley
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Shinobi_Hime-Sama wrote:
Then what does that make Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygarde if not another legend trio? Or Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion?smiley

True, though they're more of a 'greater' legendary trio, like Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina and Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem, rather than a 'lesser' legendary trio, and it's the first time we haven't had any of those. 'Greater' legendaries tend to be banned from normal tournament play due to their far superior stats (avoids the game turning into nothing but teams of them vs their counters). Also Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion are unrelated.

Gen 1: Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, Mewtwo-Mew*
Gen 2: Raikou/Entei/Suicune, Lugia/Ho-Oh, Celebi
Gen 3: Regirock/Regice/Registeel, Latias/Latios, Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys
Gen 4: Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, Lunatone/Darkrai, Manaphy-Phione*, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, Arceus
Gen 5: Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion/Keldeo, Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus, Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem, Victini, Meloetta, Genesect
Gen 6: Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion(TBA)

*-not equal stats to their other partner but still a connection
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

North America doesn't get the Samurott until February 27th though, I have the other two though.smiley
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Been ages but I'll update this with a new trailer - for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

It's got many more starters (all of the trios plus Pikachu and Riolu) and all the Pokemon in it this time, compared to Gates to Infinity which had few. Also Mega Evolution is available this time around.

9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

There's been a big hint for Pokemon Z given - the Dragon/Ground legendary Zygarde that resided in the postgame of Pokemon X/Y now has multiple forms.

-The mysterious green blob, which was first seen in a teaser at the end of the 18th movie in Japan, is known as Zygarde Core. It is the mind of the new Formes, when it fuses with multiple Zygarde Cells.

-A flat version of Zygarde Core is called Zygarde Cell. It was previously seen in a trailer for Mega Evolution Special IV, although it had been assumed to be the same as Zygarde Core.

-The new dog-like Forme of Zygarde is at 10% power, and is called Zygarde 10% Forme. It is said to have razor sharp teeth and speed.

-The previously seen Forme of Zygarde is said to be Zygarde at 50% power, and is called Zygarde 50% Forme.

-The gargantuan Zygarde is called Zygarde Perfect Forme. It is the System Pokemon and has a height of 4.5 m and weight of 610 kg. It is Dragon/Ground-type, like Zygarde 50% Forme. This new Forme of Zygarde is said to exceed both Xerneas and Yveltal in power.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

I wonder if they will set it a few years after X & Y, a bit like Black2 & White2. Some rumors I've heard is that it may be released round June 2016, bout the same time of the new movie
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

And looks like I'll be shelling out another $40 for Pokemon Z now. So what does that mean for Volcanion then? Will it get its release in the current sixth gen games?
9 years