Fat experiences

Wht was the first comment you heard about your weight gain?

So, I heard a comment from someone that I'll need a tent to be dressed for the pool or beach this summer. Which us getting to be true...
5 years

Funny:
The first time was on a train. We were traveling across midwest-america and one of the employees took me aside because I am skinny and I guess he needed to vent about all the fat people on the train.

I listened patiently, (I'm on a train. Where else can I go?), and then I must have come up with an excuse to leave and watched his jaw drop when I returned to my seat, arm wrapped around my now husband, the fattest man in the train car.

Darker side:
People usually don't say much. They look when we have to move a table because he doesn't fit in a booth, but that's about it. Being on a plane together is probably the last situation where some people feel they have a free license to be rude to someone just because of body size.
5 years

The denial responses are even better lol. When my wife had put on around 75lbs we had a party and she drunkenly asked three of her girlfriends huddled in the kitchen if they noticed her recent weight gain.

They looked her directly in the eyes and simultaneously said "Huh, NO. You look great!".
5 years

For a while it's only been my wife who has verbally noticed, with just a couple cute comments about my chub.

A couple weeks ago, one of my coworkers playfully punched me in the stomach though, and said something along the lines of "what's this? you're getting fat now too!"
4 years

I believe it was my nephew who I had not seen in a few years. When he saw me, he said "Gee, are you getting fat?"

Oh I love him so. I said "Yes, but don't tell anyone" and then he blabbed to everyone.
4 years

My mom said you better slow down eating so much every day your belly is quite massive and said should we get you some clothes since the dryers shrinking them lol and she’s been making so much more for dinner every night basically 2x as much as she used to and she barely eats most nights
2 years

Last year we moved about 4 hours away from where we lived before. I gained about 30lbs and had to go back for a doctor's appt. to get things finished up to transfer. Anyway, there is this lady that works at the doctor's. Very friendly. We chat often when I am there. But, she is definitely outspoken. Well, I go there and see her. The first words out of her mouth "You got fat!" lol I was a little taken aback. I mean, I knew I gained. But, didn't think it was that noticeable to be classified as fat. Maybe chubby, lol. Well, not to her! Second words out of her mouth. "Guess you've been eating good since you moved, ya got fat!" She held nothing back, lol. I sheepishly agreed with her and that was about it for the small talk, lol.
2 years

LazyCoffe:
My mom said "KC! Your pants don't even zip up anymore?!"

What was your reaction?
2 years

Mine is usually * You look like you've been enjoying life" Me: Oh yeah? Them: well you're certainly eating well.
2 years

“It’s time you stick to sports…”
2 years
123   loading