General

A sensitive subject....maybe?

It can be done. it can be dangerous for both the man and the fetus. And there isn't really a reason for this to really be explored.
4 years

BigFox:
It can be done. it can be dangerous for both the man and the fetus. And there isn't really a reason for this to really be explored.

StuffingFan1:
I know that there are risks, but women have had to go through just as many or more risks since the beginning. I don't understand why there isn't at least some kind of call to action to at least start looking into the matter more.

Unless there is ever a population problem. There really is no reason to do this. Maybe if you find a doctor willing to do the operation. But that doctor is taking a huge risk.

In fact everyone involved would be taking a huge risk.
4 years

It really doesn't serve any purpose other than to satisfy a fetish. Science really isn't set up to fulfill fetishes.
4 years

johnxyz:
It really doesn't serve any purpose other than to satisfy a fetish. Science really isn't set up to fulfill fetishes.

This exactly plus guys don't want to be women usually.
Why there is this big push for things that should be left alone all of a sudden need to be changed?
Childbirth is a magical thing between a man and a woman. It takes both to conceive for a reason.
4 years

Trans men can get pregnant, in fact one of my male trans friends is pregnant right now. I know biologically he was born female but he’s still a man gender wise. As for cis men, I don’t really know if they would want the ability to get pregnant, or at least a large number wouldn’t.
4 years

Raven:
Trans men can get pregnant, in fact one of my male trans friends is pregnant right now. I know biologically he was born female but he’s still a man gender wise. As for cis men, I don’t really know if they would want the ability to get pregnant, or at least a large number wouldn’t.

growing_sophie:
Congratulations to the expecting father!

But yeah, I think it comes down to why implant a fetus where its not supposed to be and endanger everyone involved when it's easier to design a stand-alone artificial womb. It's already a massive engineering challenge that we havent tackled yet without requiring it to be able to fit and operate inside of a living cis man. Let's get proof of the basic concept first.

He may have went through the gender reassignment surgery but he was still born with a uterus. And that is not the same thing as if implanting a uterus in to someone who was born a man and never had one to begin with. The hip structure is not the same nor is the pelvic bone.
4 years