General

Megastores

I'm not sure what you mean by "megastore."

I'm familiar with the terms "department store" or "big box store" (which may or may not have a bakery, produce department, and deli).

Wal-Mart appears to have the best priced heavy cream, and has good pricing on half and half, as well as many other things. But, you won't find much in the way of more specialty items. Their business model depends on items that are likely to have high turnover (e.g. sell fast) and sell in large volume.

Target may have slightly cheaper half and half, as well as sell things like Bio Oil and lactase pills (some report it helps digest large quantities of dairy and reduce gas, and if you're gaining, you're likely consuming a lot of dairy fat).

I'm not familiar with the likes of CostCo or Sam's Club; they want an annual fee before they're willing to sell you anything, and I don't have reason to believe they sell enough of the types of things I could use for any discounts to exceed the annual fee.

Around Dallas, there's a grocery store chain called Albertson's (same company as Jewel-Osco) but I don't understand how they stay in business. The selection is terrible and the pricing is high.
4 years