Gaining

Experiences with eggnog

Let us know how well it works.
4 years

Experiences with eggnog

softgainer:
It's the holiday season, and what better time is there to drink a whole lot of eggnog?

I have just started drinking eggnog, in the hopes of getting a gallon down a day. Who here has tried gaining with eggnog before? Did it work?

I consider eggnog revolting, so I can't even get a sip down. But I didn't reply to put you down. If you like it, great! Just don't expect me to drink any if we're ever somehow in the same house. Ha ha!

I'm inclined to think half and half would be more effective. It's much easier to drink than cream, and you can drink more of it. Also, a gallon of half and half would be 5,120 calories.

I'm going to assume most can't drink a gallon of it every day, but a quart should be fairly easy.

Whole milk is 150 calories a cup, whereas half and half is 320 calories. Except it just tastes like creamier, fattier milk which it basically is. 10.5% vs. 3.5%.
4 years

Experiences with eggnog

I love egg nog but can't stand it with bourbon - and I love bourbon. Eggnog has such a subtle nuanced taste, any time you add alcohol, it just obliterates the flavor IMO. Have to drink it virgin.
4 years

Experiences with eggnog

Remember to check the ingredients label before purchasing: a lot of eggnog brands are mostly made with sugar, but some are made with real diary.

Dont buy if "glucose-fructose" comes in the three first ingredients, this is basically corn syrup ; a good recipe should have dairy products instead.
4 years

Experiences with eggnog

I’ve tried it for the first time this year and have been impressed with the results. 4 pounds in 4 days- easily the most effective thing I’ve tried so far, most other fattening things taste bad to me and so I’ve always struggled with gaining. Maybe I can finally get chubby for real!
4 years