General

Fat does not cause heart disease

Researchers come out with all kinds of theories, and then they prove each other wrong. How many times do you hear the phrase, "researchers once believed..." There may be a big correlation between fat and heart disease, but not necessarily a causation. But whatever causes one may cause the other. Example: eating a lot of fats can make you fat and give you heart disease. But being fat is not the cause of heart disease. Or, more likely being sedentary can cause obesity and heart disease. You never know.
4 years

Fat does not cause heart disease

johnxyz:
Researchers come out with all kinds of theories, and then they prove each other wrong. How many times do you hear the phrase, "researchers once believed..." There may be a big correlation between fat and heart disease, but not necessarily a causation. But whatever causes one may cause the other. Example: eating a lot of fats can make you fat and give you heart disease. But being fat is not the cause of heart disease. Or, more likely being sedentary can cause obesity and heart disease. You never know.

Linda Bacon is one of my favorites I love her work. She is one of the most qualified people in the world based on health science.

This is just one video but I reccomend watching more interviews with her.
4 years