Gaining

Is gaining 20lbs in two months a pretty reasonable goal?

Depends on your body and how it reacts.
If you don't gain easily I would suspect 20 lbs will be hard to attain in 2 months.
4 years

Ditzy:
Depends on your body and how it reacts.
If you don't gain easily I would suspect 20 lbs will be hard to attain in 2 months.

Rogue1:
Okay,
Would 20lbs be a pretty noticeable gain?

I’m rather new and have never weighed more than like 190lbs.......so not sure what to expect.

There's only one way to really find out!

While diet can have some effect on what the end result will be, I think it's mostly determined by genetics. Do you have any blood relatives who are that weight or larger? That might give you an idea. Same sex, ideally. The closer the relation, the better the approximation. A brother, if you have one, or your father, or an uncle. Failing that, a cousin.

Whether 20 lbs is even noticeable, depends on your starting weight and your height. The thinner you are before gaining, it's likely to be more noticeable since it would be a larger percentage. My personal experience though, it's probably not that noticeable.

When I went from 125 to 140, even 145, I suppose it's possible some noticed, but no one said anything. When I was 150, I got a comment about my gut, but that shirt really was too tight and small. I'm saving it in case I want to attempt a button popping video later. I'm now in the mid 160s, and so far no one has said anything, even though I'm technically overweight now. I wonder if anyone will notice whenever I reach 180, but I kind of doubt it.

You also have to remember the larger you get, the more weight it takes each time to add another inch to your waistline, thighs, etc.

Then again, I have yet to cross into truly heavy territory. I suspect it would take a LOT of weight before anyone local calls me properly fat. It hasn't been the easiest for me but it's my hope that as I gain, more weight will come on even easier.
4 years

I'm short too and as I was gaining the first time people really didn't say anything besides my Mother and she still gets on me about my weight even tho I have lost a bunch.
I started at 115 and really didn't have many comments until I passed 200 lbs.
By that time I had thick thighs and a wide butt.
Love handles too
4 years

Great information here, thank you!
This is going to help me on my way, especially as I’ve still got quite a limited capacity (that’s going to change!)
4 years