Gaining

Heavy cream protein shake

I’m back after some time away and really want this gain to stick I was wondering if anyone had any experience with heavy cream and protein as a shake? Would it be too hard to digest? I’m trying to plump up quick so I can workout and gain muscle and fat
3 years

I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean mixing that weight gain powder (e.g. Serious Mass) with heavy cream?

If so, you will be disappointed and frustrated. Awhile back, I tried to mix this weight gain powder but instead of water or milk, I used half & half.

The mix was SO thick, it was virtually undrinkable. It was very difficult to get through a straw. After only getting about 4 fl. oz. down, I tried to save the rest of it to try later. But I never did, because it was just SO thick.

Heavy cream is even thicker than half & half, as you know. I suspect if you mixed that with the weight gainer powder, even pudding wouldn't be as thick.

Not to mention the fact the weight gain powder is very expensive for the calories. $20 for only 8 scoops of that stuff, and each scoop only have 625 calories or so.

I feel like a better way to get a bit more protein is to just increase the amount of meat you eat, in whatever form you like the best. Add bacon to burgers, or have more bacon or sausage at breakfast. Or add an additional beef patty to your burgers. Usually eat a single? Have a double. Usually have doubles? Have a triple.

For shakes, one good recipe I like is mixing 1 cup of heavy cream (800 cals) with 1 cup of Ensure Plus (350 cals). That's 1,150 calories, about twice as fattening as most milkshakes of a similar volume, yet it tastes just like a more liquid, and a bit less sweet. I recommend having that chilled, if you can. It tastes quite refreshing this way.

Oh and both Kroger (Fortify Plus) and Wal-Mart (Equate Plus) have their knock off store brand equivalents to Ensure Plus. Just as good but much cheaper.

Sure, in theory there's also Boost VHC (530 calories in 1 cup) but it's a slightly worse calories/$ ratio than Equate Plus, though a better value than Ensure Plus.

I don't know what your budget is like, but if it's high enough, I suppose after exercise you could always hit up a fast food joint. Try to work your way up to eating the largest combo if you aren't doing so already. Lots of protein in those burgers. It's too bad you don't have Whataburger, as their triple has an impressive 65g of protein. Maybe you have Freddy's. The McD's Double Quarter Pounder isn't that big but that's an option virtually everywhere.

With any luck this should mean you'll eventually grow into L or XL yoga capris (and possibly more if you want).
3 years

ILuvChubbyChix:
I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean mixing that weight gain powder (e.g. Serious Mass) with heavy cream?

If so, you will be disappointed and frustrated. Awhile back, I tried to mix this weight gain powder but instead of water or milk, I used half & half.

The mix was SO thick, it was virtually undrinkable. It was very difficult to get through a straw. After only getting about 4 fl. oz. down, I tried to save the rest of it to try later. But I never did, because it was just SO thick.

Heavy cream is even thicker than half & half, as you know. I suspect if you mixed that with the weight gainer powder, even pudding wouldn't be as thick.

Not to mention the fact the weight gain powder is very expensive for the calories. $20 for only 8 scoops of that stuff, and each scoop only have 625 calories or so.

I feel like a better way to get a bit more protein is to just increase the amount of meat you eat, in whatever form you like the best. Add bacon to burgers, or have more bacon or sausage at breakfast. Or add an additional beef patty to your burgers. Usually eat a single? Have a double. Usually have doubles? Have a triple.

For shakes, one good recipe I like is mixing 1 cup of heavy cream (800 cals) with 1 cup of Ensure Plus (350 cals). That's 1,150 calories, about twice as fattening as most milkshakes of a similar volume, yet it tastes just like a more liquid, and a bit less sweet. I recommend having that chilled, if you can. It tastes quite refreshing this way.

Oh and both Kroger (Fortify Plus) and Wal-Mart (Equate Plus) have their knock off store brand equivalents to Ensure Plus. Just as good but much cheaper.

Sure, in theory there's also Boost VHC (530 calories in 1 cup) but it's a slightly worse calories/$ ratio than Equate Plus, though a better value than Ensure Plus.

I don't know what your budget is like, but if it's high enough, I suppose after exercise you could always hit up a fast food joint. Try to work your way up to eating the largest combo if you aren't doing so already. Lots of protein in those burgers. It's too bad you don't have Whataburger, as their triple has an impressive 65g of protein. Maybe you have Freddy's. The McD's Double Quarter Pounder isn't that big but that's an option virtually everywhere.

With any luck this should mean you'll eventually grow into L or XL yoga capris (and possibly more if you want).

Thank you so much!!
3 years