General

What is the best season(s) of the year to gain weight in?

Seasons have a lot to do with weight gain because in the Winter you burn twice as many calories as you would in the summer, spring and Autumn because it's so cold during the winter months.

In my life I've only gained weight twice over the Christmas period, once in 2007 (aged 15) and then again in 2017 (aged 25) and on both of those occasions I was never in the cold because I still in high school in 2007 which meant that I was in and out of warm cars all the time which meant that I wasn't losing calories, and in 2017 my partner had a car so again I was never in the cold.

Even walking to the shop and back or waiting for the bus will hinder your weight gain in the winter.

My best seasons for weight gain is April-September, during those 6 months it's a lot warmer so I only have to wear shorts and a T-shirt and I'm good to go.

In 2013 I gained 42 pounds (3 stone) from April to August which is the hottest time in the UK.

In 2020 I gained 14 pounds in July when it was Hot which is the opposite to what most people say about weight gain during winter.
3 years

My wife tends to gain more in the summer due to all the cookouts, parties and increased drinking, late night neighbor get togethers, sugary summer drinks.

And then that Holidays splurge spike.
3 years

If you feel a need to fit in with others, roughly September to New Years Eve as bathing suit season is replaced by Halloween candy, Thanksgiving, Christmas dinners with unmentioned emotional eating by some as a whole.

April to August if you tend to be more of a homebody, with working fans and AC indoors to avoid heat suppressing appetite.

Overall, depends which time of year you feel most comfortable as for some it can be year round.
3 years

That sounds correct scientifically in everyway.

Maybe I hardly ever gain weight in the winter because it inly gets as cold as -4 in England so it's not as extreme as it is in Finland.

During the Summer in England I travel a lot more and visit beach's go on trains and go abroad a few times a year.

Maybe I gain weight in the spring and summer because I drink more beer and am genuinely happier who knows
3 years

What you said at the end makes a lot of sense to me x

I think I gain more weight in the spring and summer because I am a lot happier in the spring and summer months.

I love warm weather and holidays in hot country's, plus in the summer I drink a lot more beer because I'm thirsty and when I drink a lot of beer I want more food.

When I'm in Spain or Greece I do no end of eating and beer drinking and tend to gain weight without even trying.

I'm always so fat and happy on my return to England and when winter comes it pisses me off to the point of counting down the days to the next spring x
3 years

possible true mate.

Last year I had a lot of BBQ parties I love steak and hot dogs and burgers and lots of beer xxx
3 years

My thoughts are similar to this.

In July Last year I gained 14 pounds and around that time I was having BBQ parties every week and did no end of beer drinking.

In the Winter I don't start drinking until 5pm or later but in the summer I want beer at 1pm because it's so hot so instead of drinking 4 beers a night I'll have between 8-12 beers a night
3 years