General

Interested in increasing my weight by 50%

It felt kinda scary and exciting all at the same time.
I was sooo skinny and every lb gained was so noticeable.
It took a while for my metabolism to slow down to the point I would gain in spurts 5lbs here and 10lbs there.
When people would notice and comment how curvy I was getting it felt really good.
My confidence level went way up too because now I had curves and boobs finally.
3 years

Interested in increasing my weight by 50%

Darcy:
I’ve been interested in going from 125 to 180-190. What’s it like at first to gain and how did you feel once you achieve your goals?

that was the part of the gain that was the biggest adjustment for me - from being fit to having a gut, that initial transition into being softer and starting to jiggle.

i waffled a few times, or panicked maybe - and thought "omg, i have to lose this weight." looking back i am pretty glad i didn't... because once i gave myself that time to adjust (and i had a supportive gf, too, which helped when i felt self-conscious) it was really very nice.

by comparison, the extra 100 lbs since that point has not been as big of a shock, mentally, as that first gain from 150 to 200 or maybe 220 lbs.

my advice is just to enjoy what you're doing rather than focus on the weight. make it fun. and remember, some days you might think "i must be crazy!" but when that happens, just relax, give it a day or two, and that mood will probably pass.

enjoy your journey!
3 years