Feedback and suggestions

Having trouble posting my story?

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted, so I’m not surprised things change, but it keeps telling me I haven’t added enough text when I try to save a chapter? It deletes most of the text and I’m not sure what to do
2 years

Hi s3ndh3lp,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble uploading a story.

We have changed things a little bit with the story section, but sounds like you've created the story title, bio and search options and are now ready to add your chapters.

When you select 'add chapters' this opens a text box. Enter your story chapter here and save.

The chapters need to be between 2000 and 20,000 character long. So if you have not reached the minimum character limit it will not let you save the chapter, and flash a red warning sign to advise.

You say that your text is being deleted. So it sounds to me like you are trying to copy and paste text that is more than 20,000 characters and then it is deleting the extra characters to meet the character count limits. Again you should see a warning sign that appears to advise of the character limits and also a counter in the bottom left of the text box so you can keep track.

Please note characters include all keyboard opyions including spaces.

Try uploading in smaller chunks and break up your chapter. Do let us know if you are still having issues after trying this and we can look into it further if required.

Thanks,
c00kie
FF Team
2 years

FF Team:
Hi s3ndh3lp,

We have changed things a little bit with the story section, but sounds like you've created the story title, bio and search options and are now ready to add your chapters.

When you select 'add chapters' this opens a text box. Enter your story chapter here and save.

The chapters need to be between 2000 and 20,000 character long. So if you have not reached the minimum character limit it will not let you save the chapter, and flash a red warning sign to advise.

You say that your text is being deleted. So it sounds to me like you are trying to copy and paste text that is more than 20,000 characters and then it is deleting the extra characters to meet the character count limits. Again you should see a warning sign that appears to advise of the character limits and also a counter in the bottom left of the text box so you can keep track.

Try uploading in smaller chunks and break up your chapter. Do let us know if you are still having issues after trying this and we can look into it further if required.

Thanks,
c00kie
FF Team

Thank you for the reply!
The chapters are about 3,000-8,000 words; when I copy and pasted the first chapter (≈ 3,700 words) everything seemed fine, but when I tried to save it had deleted most of the text and said “please make sure each chapter is at least 2,000 words”. Is it because I’m copying and pasting from a document and not typing the chapters into the text box?
2 years

FF Team:
Hi s3ndh3lp,

Thanks,
c00kie
FF Team

s3ndh3lp:
Thank you for the reply!
The chapters are about 3,000-8,000 words; when I copy and pasted the first chapter (≈ 3,700 words) everything seemed fine, but when I tried to save it had deleted most of the text and said “please make sure each chapter is at least 2,000 words”. Is it because I’m copying and pasting from a document and not typing the chapters into the text box?

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Word count is different to character count. On the site we have a character count. This includes all characters on the keyboard including spaces.

For example: Feederism = 1 word. But it is 9 characters (10) including the space afterwards.

The warning message that appears in red, is as follows: Ensure your text is between 2,000 and 20,000 characters long

I have included a picture below. Please also see the character count which is in grey just above the 'Save' button. When you have copied and pasted your chapter, if this figure shows 20000 you have reached the character limit. This means that the text box will have deleted some of your text to fit into the character limits.

Again, I would advise you to divide your story into smaller chunks to upload.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
c00kie
FF Team
2 years
attachment