Gaining

Night time snacks?

Quick question!

Sometimes I wake up hungry in the middle of the night. If I get up, I am *really* awake and can't get back to sleep. I used to keep granola bars beside the bed, but the wrapper was too loud and waking up my partner.

What are the best night time, quiet and quick to eat snacks to tide me over till morning?
2 years

Night time snacks?

You could keep a jar of peanut butter and a spoon in your bedside table. Much quieter than granola bars and full of good fats and protien.

Or, if you can handle them unchilled, you could try keeping some long-life liquid meal replacement drinks in your bedside, something like the Boost very high calorie nutritional drinks or even some Up & Go.

If the main noise that was waking up your partner was the crunching more than the wrappers of the granola bars then another options could be keeping some cake or muffin bars of some sort near your bed.
2 years

Night time snacks?

The granola bars I get are soft, that's why they have to stay in the wrapper to stay fresh.

The PB is a good idea, and I sometimes make PB "power protein" balls (with almonds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed), but they use honey and have to stay in the fridge to stay intact. Maybe I can experiment with these somehow?! Most other "soft bars" that I like also come in crinkly packages. 😂

I do have Boost around, but I only like it cold. 😁
2 years

Night time snacks?

Dynamo:
Most other "soft bars" that I like also come in crinkly packages. 😂

Use scissors to cut the wrapping.
2 years