Story authors

Is it worth it to get into paid/comm. stories?

I am torn on making paid content, I am a WG story writer, I have male protagonists who most of the time are MLM.

I am in a situation where I cannot invest the time to make both paid and free stories. I am on an entirely free portfolio that's on here along with 2 other platforms.

I also make content outside of the FFA community. Which takes a time and energy as well.

I love writing about weight gain and, I cannot rationally continue spending hours and hours on content that will make no money.

But, at the same time I don't feel comfortable getting people's money because I have a tendency to stop and take long breaks due to writer's block.

Along with that this hobby that I have loved and done for the past 4 years, is now put into question when I receive monetary gain from it. (pun intended)

So, I am in a grey area regarding paid/commissioned content.

I need help regarding this from people who have had this dilemma faced upon them before.

Along with that I also want to know about getting rid of writer's block because she's a b***h 💅

Kind and Warm Regards
-LargeTwink
2 years

LargeTwink:
I am torn on making paid content, I am a WG story writer, I have male protagonists who most of the time are MLM.

I am in a situation where I cannot invest the time to make both paid and free stories. I am on an entirely free portfolio that's on here along with 2 other platforms.

I also make content outside of the FFA community. Which takes a time and energy as well.

I love writing about weight gain and, I cannot rationally continue spending hours and hours on content that will make no money.

But, at the same time I don't feel comfortable getting people's money because I have a tendency to stop and take long breaks due to writer's block.

Along with that this hobby that I have loved and done for the past 4 years, is now put into question when I receive monetary gain from it. (pun intended)

I need help regarding this from people who have had this dilemma faced upon them before.

Along with that I also want to know about getting rid of writer's block because she's a b***h 💅

Kind and Warm Regards
-LargeTwink

I believe Patreon has a payment setup where your supporters pay based on your releases. This could be the way for you to justify charging for your work without feeling guilty about taking people's money for a very long delay between stories. The quality and quantity of your writing would have to be balanced against your charge, obviously, but it's an option.
2 years

LargeTwink:

Kind and Warm Regards
-LargeTwink

PolyPinoyPuppy:
I believe Patreon has a payment setup where your supporters pay based on your releases. This could be the way for you to justify charging for your work without feeling guilty about taking people's money for a very long delay between stories. The quality and quantity of your writing would have to be balanced against your charge, obviously, but it's an option.

I mean on here. Fantasyfeeder
2 years

[quote]LargeTwink:

But, at the same time I don't feel comfortable getting people's money because I have a tendency to stop and take long breaks due to writer's block
[quote]

Google George R.R. Martin, he may have some advice 😉
2 years

LargeTwink:
I am torn on making paid content […].

[…]

[…]

Kind and Warm Regards
-LargeTwink

[…]

I mean on here. Fantasyfeeder

One of the nice features here on FF is being able to freely choose between paid and free stories on a per-story basis. (Likely other platforms have that too, but i’ve not checked.)

As the author, you’ll have a sense going into things whether one of your particular stories is strong enough/you’re passionate enough about it to carry through to either a conclusion or a very long serialization that paying readers may find satisfying.

So far i’ve not done paid anywhere even though i could really use the money because i don’t want the pressure of pleasing an audience. I prefer the artistic freedom. As well, i’m not a known brand beloved author, and may never be. I also struggle with low self-esteem, so have trouble imagining anyone paying for what i write with supply of fatlovesex fiction being so strong in current times. *Bows to the many great authors here.*

In terms of writer’s block, here’s how i handle it:

1) I always have multiple stories going. Often when i hit a block on one story, i feel moved to jump to a different one.

2) Sometimes a total block is telling me to get out of my writer’s chair and go do something else in life for awhile. I heed that indirect advice.

3) I personally will not even start a serialized release of any of my stories until they’re entirely finished, proofread, edited, etc.—totally release-ready. Not as fresh and some timely social commentary becomes un-timely, nor can i bend the story real-time to audience requests, but this way never do i have to abandon a story unfinished, and writer’s block is never the audience’s problem, as if it happens it’s over and done with prior to start of release.

Excellent questions, and i hope you find a path that works for you!
2 years