Gaining

Growing into 'goal clothes'?

I have sort of done this, with mixed results. I do NOT recommend buying anything much larger than your current size, or if you do, just one such item and no more.

It may serve to add to your frustration when you experience a plateau, which I believe everyone will experience at one point or another, for whatever reason.

At your current size, you may be able to get away with getting some 34s and maybe even some 36s. But once you get up to 38 and 40, it'll also take additional weight to add a couple more inches compared to when you gained the previous two inches. Each progressively larger size can also accommodate a larger weight range.

So, my suggestion would be clothes the next size up.

If you'd like to measure progress, you should get a tape measure if you don't have one already. I've yet to see one that isn't at least 5 feet long, though some are 10 feet.

One exception is underwear, of which most underwear is so stretchy, even an S-size will last longer than you might thing, and an XL will still mostly fit someone who'd get an M.

I should also note that for most men's bottoms these days, the inseam distance is on point but the waist size is different. Where X is the advertised number, X+2 is true inches count. So, 40x30 would be 42" around the waist, but the inseam is actually 30". Wrangler seems to be the only brand that doesn't do this, where 40 really means 40. No idea about Levi's nowadays, which actually shows outside what the size numbers are on that leather patch with the brand name. But yeah, that's an observation I've made regarding pretty much every other brand.
2 years

Past that, need new goal clothes, 4XL
2 years

Bought an oversized (even for me) button shirt last year, maybe a 7XL. Put it on yesterday, suddenly it seems like it's moving less oversized and more a correct fit.
2 years

Fatiscool1:
Buying clothes far to big to be fattened into!!!smiley

Or maybe not. Fatness= eating over time, after all.
2 years