Fat experiences

Urgent- clothing issue

Ive been wearing my baggy clothes for too long now and I’ve just tried getting into my work uniform for Burger King but it doesn’t fit, I can’t go in for more as it costs too much for me atm, anyone know what to do?
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

Whitemalehunk:
Ive been wearing my baggy clothes for too long now and I’ve just tried getting into my work uniform for Burger King but it doesn’t fit, I can’t go in for more as it costs too much for me atm, anyone know what to do?

What part isn't fitting?
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

I got away without uniform for a while due to my specific job requiring ppe they couldn’t accommodate for in my size, granted I’m not in the service/restaurant industry but eventually they did get around to asking for a size and ordering some just for me. I would just be honest do your best to accommodate their dress code eventually they’ll get you the stuff you need.
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

Whitemalehunk:

Munchies:
What part isn't fitting?

Pants and shirt
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

Whitemalehunk:

Munchies:
What part isn't fitting?

Whitemalehunk:
Pants and shirt

You may be able to cheese it by getting a rubber band to loop around your pants button like pregnant people do and wearing a long shirt/undershirt underneath your worth shirt.

Also, depending on how your pants look, you could by similar pants in a bigger style.

I will advise you to stop gaining or even lose a bit of weight until you can afford bigger work clothes. The last thing you want is for them to fire you over your appearance.
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

Whitemalehunk:

Munchies:
What part isn't fitting?

Whitemalehunk:
Pants and shirt

Munchies:
You may be able to cheese it by getting a rubber band to loop around your pants button like pregnant people do and wearing a long shirt/undershirt underneath your worth shirt.

Also, depending on how your pants look, you could by similar pants in a bigger style.

I will advise you to stop gaining or even lose a bit of weight until you can afford bigger work clothes. The last thing you want is for them to fire you over your appearance.

CuppaJoe:
Came here to suggest the rubber band method to extend your pants a bit (you could also try ponytail bands; they are a little more durable than rubber bands and are usually sold in the hair care aisle in grocery stores and pharmacies here in the USA).

More important is Munchies note to pause gaining (or even drop weight) if it jeopardizes your job. You need income to buy new clothes - and to pay for food, and rent, and utilities, etc.

I asked to work from home for a while so that helps, no more clothes for a while lol 😂.
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

How do you telecommute to Burger King?
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

ILuvChubbyChix:

I’m customer service/ marketing team I don’t work the food part.
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

ILuvChubbyChix:

Whitemalehunk:

But they still make you wear a uniform? Interesting.

Most/nearly all offices, what I've noticed are typically whatever you want within posted dress code rules, and possibly an expectation of carrying a name tag of some sort that may have something you can scan.

I'm just glad you aren't a peon at a franchise location; for the most part those don't pay jack. Maybe GM, possibly AGM also and that's it.

Do you have to tuck in the shirt? One option might be to just use a belt and leave the top button/clasp undone. But if so, then whatever you do, stay away from reversible belts. The reversible part is weak and is likely to come loose under any kind of strain at all.

What does the uniform consist of? Anything embroidered? Even at a franchise McD's location it's often an option to use different trousers that are the same color.
1 year

Urgent- clothing issue

ILuvChubbyChix:

Whitemalehunk:

ILuvChubbyChix:
But they still make you wear a uniform? Interesting.

Most/nearly all offices, what I've noticed are typically whatever you want within posted dress code rules, and possibly an expectation of carrying a name tag of some sort that may have something you can scan.

I'm just glad you aren't a peon at a franchise location; for the most part those don't pay jack. Maybe GM, possibly AGM also and that's it.

Do you have to tuck in the shirt? One option might be to just use a belt and leave the top button/clasp undone. But if so, then whatever you do, stay away from reversible belts. The reversible part is weak and is likely to come loose under any kind of strain at all.

What does the uniform consist of? Anything embroidered? Even at a franchise McD's location it's often an option to use different trousers that are the same color.

The dress code is based on what the manager wants it to be I believe though I’m not sure why the dress code is as serious as it is. Thankyou for the suggestions though ☺️
1 year