Lifestyle tips

How does someone who's having to work a majority of the week start gaining?

I keep very active at work and don’t do much else and I managed to gain 80 pounds last year your over/under estimating how many calories you burn vs how many you eat, granted my metabolism is like zero from years of cutting weight. Just make sure your not running a calorie deficit and you should start putting on weight, there’s calculators on this website that you enter the weight you wanna gain and the amount of calories daily you need to consume to reach that goal in a length of time. Good luck happy gaining!
1 year

AlyxisHungry:
For context: I started working full shifts at work recently and my job requires me to be constantly moving from place to place, which is tough because I was hoping to finally start working on gaining soon but the constant moving around could lead to losing weight more than gaining. Is there any tips I can try to make sure my body gains weight more than loses more weight, or maybe something I could try on weekends to help gain weight more? I'd also like to note I have a fast metabolism and it doesn't help.

To gain weight you need to consume more calories than you burn. Most people need between 2000-2500 calories a day to function. Ideally you want to be consuming 3000+ calories a day to gain, more if you're more active than the average person.

If you can find out roughly how many calories you burn doing your job then add that to the 3000 calories you're already trying to consume then you should start to see some gains

If your struggle is eating enough calories every day to actually gain try drinking those calories. Drink more soda, add while milk or cream to coffee, opt for milkshakes whenever you can etc. Adding a high calorie gaining shake daily might help too. You need to be patient though as weight gain doesn't happen overnight - you need to be consistently overeating and drinking to see results.

You can also try binge eating on weekends and eating less during the week. This could make your body think food supply is inconsistent and make it store more fat as a survival strategy.

Good luck.
1 year

Doublefrosted:
To gain weight you need to consume more calories than you burn. Most people need between 2000-2500 calories a day to function. Ideally you want to be consuming 3000+ calories a day to gain, more if you're more active than the average person.

If you can find out roughly how many calories you burn doing your job then add that to the 3000 calories you're already trying to consume then you should start to see some gains

If your struggle is eating enough calories every day to actually gain try drinking those calories. Drink more soda, add while milk or cream to coffee, opt for milkshakes whenever you can etc. Adding a high calorie gaining shake daily might help too. You need to be patient though as weight gain doesn't happen overnight - you need to be consistently overeating and drinking to see results.

You can also try binge eating on weekends and eating less during the week. This could make your body think food supply is inconsistent and make it store more fat as a survival strategy.

Good luck.[/quote]

You sound very knowledgeable with the ratios and liquids etc, do you have much experience in this field?

Have always wondered what the difference is with and without liquid aid and the times in which you consume them. Have heard mixed results but never know if it’s from someone with actual experience themselves or just second hand info from online.
1 year

Useruser1212:
You sound very knowledgeable with the ratios and liquids etc, do you have much experience in this field?

Have always wondered what the difference is with and without liquid aid and the times in which you consume them. Have heard mixed results but never know if it’s from someone with actual experience themselves or just second hand info from online.

Calories are calories. The reason adding liquid calories to your diet can help with gaining is to do with stomach capacity - for example, if you has two jars exactly the same size, one full of soda and the other full of gummi bears there would be more soda than gummi bears because there is space between the gummi bears. If you wanted to maximise on the space available in the gummi bear jar you could pour soda into that jar to fill the spaces between the gummi bears.

In short, liquid calories is an easy and efficient way to pack more calories into your stomach's limited capacity. You can also consume liquids faster, so can consume more volume before your brain gets the signal that your stomach is full. It's why funnel feeding is such an effective way of speeding up gains.

In so far as experience goes, I always manage to gain more weight and at a faster rate if I add milkshakes, heavy cream cake shakes, soda or some other form of high calorie liquid to my daily diet vs trying to add more solid food.
1 year

Porphyry:
you could also try filling up as much as you can right before you go to bed. your body isn't burning calories while you sleep, so most of that would probably get stored as fat. if you wake up in the middle of the night, do it again :o

Actually, so long as you are alive you are burning calories. It's just that when you are asleep, you don't burn as many. As such, it is more likely the food you eat will be stored as fat.
1 year

Munchies:
Actually, so long as you are alive you are burning calories. It's just that when you are asleep, you don't burn as many. As such, it is more likely the food you eat will be stored as fat.

Tentacles:
This is what I think when people say exercise isn't good for losing weight the calories burnt by exercise are on top of what you are burning just to stay alive.[/quote]

Exercise doesn't necessarily equal weight lose. You can lose, maintain, or even gain weight depending on how you approach it.
1 year