General

Safely gaining back weight lost from diabetes?

Just wondering if anyone else has lost weight from diabetes? But once your levels are good, can you gain it back safely?
9 months

Not like speaking from experience or anything but You don’t wanna lose a foot or something I’d check with a doctor first.

I’d imagine if you’re on top of your stuff you’d be fine but again I’m not a doctor
9 months

Justinboo0313:
Just wondering if anyone else has lost weight from diabetes? But once your levels are good, can you gain it back safely?

For clarity, are you saying your weight loss is a symptom of your diabetes? Or did you lose weight for the sake of your diabetes?

Because these are two very different vibes.
9 months

So I was talking to someone at work and they were telling me about how the were not happy about unintentionally losing weight before their diabetes diagnosis. She was upset about how her body looked now. She was asking if I knew anyway to safely gain back some of her weight. She is on insulin and under control now. I didn’t know what to say. I told her to ask her dr. I was just wondering if anyone one here had any experience with this. Please understand that there is nothing sexual between us. I looked up some information and it says once one’s blood sugar is level, insulin will most like put weight back on the person anyway. Thanks for the help guy’s.
9 months

Justinboo0313:
So I was talking to someone at work and they were telling me about how the were not happy about unintentionally losing weight before their diabetes diagnosis. She was upset about how her body looked now. She was asking if I knew anyway to safely gain back some of her weight. She is on insulin and under control now. I didn’t know what to say. I told her to ask her dr. I was just wondering if anyone one here had any experience with this. Please understand that there is nothing sexual between us. I looked up some information and it says once one’s blood sugar is level, insulin will most like put weight back on the person anyway. Thanks for the help guy’s.

Honestly, if someone loses weight due to health issues, the most responsible thing to do is refer them to their doctor.
9 months