General

Lost a friend...kinda

So on this gaining journey I've been going to the same Wendy's at least once a week. Each time ordering a lot of food and finishing it. The lady at the counter seemed to be intrigued at how much I've ordered and then ate.

The past couple of weeks she hasn't seemed her normal cheery self when serving me. I am noticibly fatter. More than 35lbs heavier than when I first went there a couple months ago. I don't know if she is feeling guilty about it. I mean we were never actual friends, but it felt like we had a thing. Perhaps I'm just thinking about it too much and its nothing.
10 months

Lost a friend...kinda

NoMoYoYo:
So on this gaining journey I've been going to the same Wendy's at least once a week. Each time ordering a lot of food and finishing it. The lady at the counter seemed to be intrigued at how much I've ordered and then ate.

The past couple of weeks she hasn't seemed her normal cheery self when serving me. I am noticibly fatter. More than 35lbs heavier than when I first went there a couple months ago. I don't know if she is feeling guilty about it. I mean we were never actual friends, but it felt like we had a thing. Perhaps I'm just thinking about it too much and its nothing.

It's more likely that it has nothing to do with you. You guys aren't close.
10 months

Lost a friend...kinda

nothing you did. probably just not happy with her job or isn’t having a good day, or she’s already checked out for the day. Also could be busy/ just had a rush. And who knows what the folks in the drive thru are doing.

I avoid it entirely I just order for delivery or at the most hit the drive thru. Icky randy social interactions 🤮
10 months

Lost a friend...kinda

You might be correctly intuiting that this person is having a down point in their job, in life, or for some specific reason.

However, it sounds like your interactions with them are transactional - maybe some quick small talk during your food order?

Unless you've said something upsetting or have acted in a way that might make them defensive, I'd be willing to bet that their change has nothing to do with you.

I wouldn't take it personally.
10 months