General

How much do you care about your own health ?

wrong subtopic

it should be in extreme gaining
3 months

I care to an extent. Considering I’m a death feedee
3 months

Technoman:
This is NOT a judgement. I am just curious about different perspectives. I am also curious to how different the answers will be whether someone identifies as a feedee, gainer, mutual gainer, foodie, feeder, fat appreciator, or something else.
I am a fat appreciator and I care about my health a lot. I think about healthspan, lifespan, and fitness.
I exercise and I am mindful about what I eat.

It's extremely important to my feedee and me. We are on the extreme side of gaining, but not the health issues.

Initially, I cared more about health than my partner. This is not to say he didn't care, but he was more ambivalent. But as he approached 500 lbs, he started to care a lot more.

I remember he had to have an MRI for an unrelated health issue and barely fit into the tube. Scared the shit out of him. He said that he never wants to be too fat for healthcare.

Personally, I think that's a really good thing to keep in mind. Once you reach a certain side, the medical world isn't built with you in mind. I don't think a lot of feedists think about that.
3 months

Rational brain does care, but it has accepted that I’m doing something fundamentally unhealthy.

Sex-brain gets dizzy with arousal at the deterioration in fitness and health, and wants to see what another 200 lbs will do…
3 months

same...Yet my goal is to ruin my body n my health
3 months

The thought of ruining myself is quite arousing.

And quite honestly, I would rather be in comfort with myself than to make effort and do things I hate in order to extend my lifespan.
3 months

Munchies:
I remember he had to have an MRI for an unrelated health issue and barely fit into the tube. Scared the shit out of him. He said that he never wants to be too fat for healthcare.

Personally, I think that's a really good thing to keep in mind. Once you reach a certain side, the medical world isn't built with you in mind. I don't think a lot of feedists think about that.

You're exactly right.

A few years ago, I remember hearing about a horrifying, relevant situation, which I believe took place around Cleveland, OH.

I would guess some users might get a thrill out of this story, but that is absolutely not the intent of it. If anything, a cautionary tale.

So, there was this woman,who weighed something like 650, 700+ lbs. She really needed an MRI scan. But.. problem!

None of the machines at the hospital were large enough to accommodate her.

The Cleveland Zoo had an MRI machine in the veterinarian's office that would be big enough. But, it wasn't licensed and certified for use on humans, and maybe this really shows ignorance, but I'm pretty sure that licensing process can't be completed in 1 day or a few hours as a rush job, nor do I know what's involved in the licensing process.

I have no idea what the outcome of that was, but even without knowing this, this is already a severe complication and a scary situation.

I wish I could find this chart again, but 600+ lbs does solidly place you well above 0.5% on the distribution curve (this means 99.5% of individuals weigh less/have a lower BMI than you do).

Of course, it's all about girth (and the girth of the machine) and no, I have no idea what her girth was at the widest point.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the hospital administrators simply didn't anticipate this situation would ever arise. I don't know how old the hospital is, when the MRI machine was procured, or what was going through the minds of the administrators, or what doctors said while being consulted, prior to procurement.
3 months

I guess you tend not think about it till you have too. But if try and monitor things with my GP. If something said your reaching a limit I would most likely accept it , if reluctantly.
3 months

Munchies:

ILuvChubbyChix:
You're exactly right.

A few years ago, I remember hearing about a horrifying, relevant situation, which I believe took place around Cleveland, OH.

I would guess some users might get a thrill out of this story, but that is absolutely not the intent of it. If anything, a cautionary tale.

So, there was this woman,who weighed something like 650, 700+ lbs. She really needed an MRI scan. But.. problem!

The Cleveland Zoo had an MRI machine in the veterinarian's office that would be big enough. But, it wasn't licensed and certified for use on humans, and maybe this really shows ignorance, but I'm pretty sure that licensing process can't be completed in 1 day or a few hours as a rush job, nor do I know what's involved in the licensing process.

I have no idea what the outcome of that was, but even without knowing this, this is already a severe complication and a scary situation.

I wish I could find this chart again, but 600+ lbs does solidly place you well above 0.5% on the distribution curve (this means 99.5% of individuals weigh less/have a lower BMI than you do).

Of course, it's all about girth (and the girth of the machine) and no, I have no idea what her girth was at the widest point.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the hospital administrators simply didn't anticipate this situation would ever arise. I don't know how old the hospital is, when the MRI machine was procured, or what was going through the minds of the administrators, or what doctors said while being consulted, prior to procurement.

This is the experience I'm living right now, in the wake of a medical emergency last week. While much of the medical equipment is built to accommodate my weight in pounds, my girth presented one issue after another (circumference at the widest part of midsection was around 110 inches). Even the height of the OR table (or rather the inability to lower it beyond a certain point) was an issue.

I'll just say, being too big to get the care you need quickly in an emergency isn't fun and it isn't a thrill. It's pretty scary when it happens.
3 months

ILuvChubbyChix:
You're exactly right.

BigBallBellyGirl:
This is the experience I'm living right now, in the wake of a medical emergency last week. While much of the medical equipment is built to accommodate my weight in pounds, my girth presented one issue after another (circumference at the widest part of midsection was around 110 inches). Even the height of the OR table (or rather the inability to lower it beyond a certain point) was an issue.

I'll just say, being too big to get the care you need quickly in an emergency isn't fun and it isn't a thrill. It's pretty scary when it happens.

Yeah, it's wild. Firstly, I'm glad you were able to get the care you need.

Secondly, at least in America, the more difficult it is to treat you, the more expensive it is. Some of it might not be covered by your insurance. Others are but you have to jump through hoops to get it covered.

So if you are hellbent on getting too fat for medical care, you have to make sure your money is right. I know some feedists are into health issues. So that's you, don't bankrupt yourself or your loved ones. I've seen posts on here from feeders boasting about how they left their too fat feedee in a nursing home or completely abandoned them because the care was too much.

Be safe on these streets because these streets ain't safe.
3 months
12   loading