General

Story behind your username?

It's my name.
1 month

i think it speaks for itself.
1 month

Well, I’ve always been seen as the “weird kid everyone likes to pick on” in school, and I was also known for drawing a lot, so hence the name “WeirdoOnArt” (also bc I watch Feedism art on DA)
4 weeks

Arame is a Brazilian Portuguese for “Wire”

In Capoeira, we Capoeiristas are given a code name based on a characteristic that stands out. My temper is my most notable trait so I was given the name, Wire because of how “High Strung” I am
4 weeks

Arame:

In Capoeira, we Capoeiristas are given a code name based on a characteristic that stands out. My temper is my most notable trait so I was given the name, Wire because of how “High Strung” I am

Oh that’s interesting. I’ve heard about certain cultures that do that. Especially when it comes to whatever handle people call you based on personality and whatnot.
4 weeks

Arame:

JN_TumLover56:
Oh that’s interesting. I’ve heard about certain cultures that do that. Especially when it comes to whatever handle people call you based on personality and whatnot.

Well I can’t speak for other cultures. But in Capoeira, the whole reason we get code names is because practicing Capoeira was illegal. So if a Capoeirista was arrested and interrogated to give up the rest of the group, he/she would give the police the group member’s code name so the cops could never find them.
3 weeks

So my username is not fat related or feederism related at all, but it does have a bit of a history:

So back in the day when I was a skinny optimistic little fella, I spend a vast majority of my time playing World of Warcraft. One of my oldest characters, who is a druid (essentially nature wielding animal shapeshifter) name is Nymphweed

So in my young innocent mind, I thought my name would be something like this: Nymph = fairies or fae related things and then Weed = nature related

Felt quite fitting

Unfortunately, I got to learn about the term "Nymphomaniac" AKA Sex Obsession if I am not wrong, after people asking me about it

So occassionally people would ask me if I was smoking pot and had a high sex drive randomly. So despite me having a innocent intention with my name, well, it did not come across the way I wanted most of the time in random encounters

The name stuck around for several years and it just became my "online name" among my friends, with most of them I still am good friends with after almost 10 years

Been playing since 2004 and still playing even to this day

Eventually I switched Nymph around to Nymf, as I got a biased big interest in norse mythology, so I gave it a bit of a scandinavian version of it

Now its just my internet name, and hearing my real one sometimes feel wierd as I hear it so rarely these days

I dont live chronically online, but back in the day, being unemployed and living with depression, I very much was. Spent many many hours online and rarely left my house, seeing people and even times where I would go 1-2 days without eating anything due to declining mood

Im in a better place these days and my name continous onwards, with a lot of good memories attached to it, people I met online and it just feels like a part of me
3 weeks
56789   loading