Lifestyle tips

Getting fat while eating healthy

Bigbellylvr1:
If anyone has any experience getting fat while eating healthy let me know what are some of the best healthy foods that’ll get you fat in no time

If you want to get fat and be healthy, you'll need to be patient. Rapid gains are sexy, but they aren't sustainable.

Just eat a balanced diet with larger portions and plenty of snacks. Just don't overdo it and make yourself sick.
1 month

Yeah I agree on that one. Even though gaining only 2-4 lbs a month seems a little - Over time it becomes a lot. 2 years with a gain of only 2 lbs a month is a solid 50 lbs gain.
1 month

The other posters have the right of it. Increase potion size slow and steady. One pound every two weeks is twenty-one pounds in a year, and one hundred and five pounds in five years. That allows the possibility of muscle ramping up with it and avoiding the bulk (pardon my pun) of mobility issues.
1 month

More power to you if you like this way of gaining, but at least for me it seems to go against everything that makes me want to gain. Like fuck yeah its bad for you but I feel like the most fun of gaining is eating unhealthy fattening foods and living a life of minimal activity.
4 weeks

Wanttobefat600:
More power to you if you like this way of gaining, but at least for me it seems to go against everything that makes me want to gain. Like fuck yeah its bad for you but I feel like the most fun of gaining is eating unhealthy fattening foods and living a life of minimal activity.

Different strokes for different folls, baby girl. Some people want to be fat while enjoying as many things as possible.
4 weeks

Bigbellylvr1:
If anyone has any experience getting fat while eating healthy let me know what are some of the best healthy foods that’ll get you fat in no time

Well Speaking as a ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, there really isn’t a such thing as foods that will get you fat. It’s all about calories consumed vs calories burned. Meaning:

In order to lose weight, you must in a caloric deficit aka burn more calories than you have consumed.

In order to gain weight you must be in a caloric surplus aka consume more calories than you have burned

In order to maintain your weight, you be at caloric maintenance aka you’re consuming the same amount of calories as you’re burning.

Unhealthy foods tend to be higher in calories thus why it’s easier to gain weight from eating them. However, I should note, you can absolutely lose weight on unhealthy foods. I’ve personally done it. Literally got ripped from eating Corned Beef Sandwiches

But at far as healthy foods? Well, raw fruits and vegetables are always a winner. Can never go wrong with those. Complex carbs instead of simple carbs meaning wheat bread instead of white bread, whole grain pasta over regular pasta. Healthy essential fats over trans fats meaning extra virgin olive oil over canola oil. And and lean meat of your choice is coo
4 weeks

Bigbellylvr1:

Arame:
Well Speaking as a ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, there aren’t really isn’t a such thing as foods that will get you fat. It’s all about calories consumed vs calories burned. Meaning:

In order to lose weight, you must in a caloric deficit aka burn more calories than you have consumed.

In order to gain weight you must be in a caloric surplus aka consume more calories than you have burned

In order to maintain your weight, you be at caloric maintenance aka you’re consuming the same amount of calories as you’re burning.

Unhealthy foods tend to be higher in calories thus why it’s easier to gain weight from eating them. However, I should note, you can absolutely lose weight on unhealthy foods. I’ve personally done it. Literally got ripped from eating Corned Beef Sandwiches

But at far as healthy foods? Well, raw fruits and vegetables are always a winner. Can never go wrong with those. Complex carbs instead of simple carbs meaning wheat bread instead of white bread, whole grain pasta over regular pasta. Healthy essential fats over trans fats meaning extra virgin olive oil over canola oil. And and lean meat of your choice is coo

Very interesting point. Kinda makes sense as to why I am still very much skinny despite what I eat. 😅

But one thing I’d like to ask is what about them nutrients? Especially when you actually cook the fruits or vegetables? Just as a curiosity.
4 weeks

Bigbellylvr1:

Arame:
Well Speaking as a ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, there aren’t really isn’t a such thing as foods that will get you fat. It’s all about calories consumed vs calories burned. Meaning:

JN_TumLover56:
Very interesting point. Kinda makes sense as to why I am still very much skinny despite what I eat. 😅

But one thing I’d like to ask is what about them nutrients? Especially when you actually cook the fruits or vegetables? Just as a curiosity.

Yes you can cook them. And even season them to taste. Just be aware that green vegetables are most nutrient dense when they are at their darkest. If you cooked them to the point where they’re light green, you’ve basically cooked the nutritional value out of them.
4 weeks

JN_TumLover56:

Arame:
Yes you can cook them. And even season them to taste. Just be aware that green vegetables are most nutrient dense when they are at their darkest. If you cooked them to the point where they’re light green, you’ve basically cooked the nutritional value out of them.

Ahh gotcha, that does make a lot of sense when it comes to keeping an eye on the colour.
4 weeks

JN_TumLover56:

Arame:

JN_TumLover56:
Ahh gotcha, that does make a lot of sense when it comes to keeping an eye on the colour.

Raw veggies are good. Slightly cooked is better since it aids in better absorption of nutrients. But only up to a certain point. Then you start losing everything.
4 weeks