Gaining

Muscle chub

Hey y'all. I've been a lurker in the feeder community for a while now, and have only really been passively gaining weight, but in the last week or so I've decided to fully take it seriously. My only concern is that I'm a fairly muscular guy and my metabolism is a bitch. I am still looking to stay muscular I just want a belly too. Are there any tricks to slowing down my metabolism or is the answer just to eat enough to power through it? I also thought about going through periods of not working out and just stuffing and doing that for a while. Or would it be better to just consistently do lighter exercises than what I've been doing? According to TDEE calculator my maintenance calories are around 3,000 calories a day, and recently I've been trying to eat 3,700-4,000
5 days

Muscle chub

SumoSized:
Hey y'all. I've been a lurker in the feeder community for a while now, and have only really been passively gaining weight, but in the last week or so I've decided to fully take it seriously. My only concern is that I'm a fairly muscular guy and my metabolism is a bitch. I am still looking to stay muscular I just want a belly too. Are there any tricks to slowing down my metabolism or is the answer just to eat enough to power through it? I also thought about going through periods of not working out and just stuffing and doing that for a while. Or would it be better to just consistently do lighter exercises than what I've been doing? According to TDEE calculator my maintenance calories are around 3,000 calories a day, and recently I've been trying to eat 3,700-4,000

You can keep doing what you are doing. Just focus on upping your calorie count. You don't have to stuff yourself. You can increase it over time.

Also, be less strict with your diet. Still eat healthy, but throw in foods you used to deny yourself.
5 days

Muscle chub

Ill keep that in mind, I'm still trying to get my body used to eating more food. Like at certain points I can tell I'm not physically full but I'm subconsciously creating a mental block preventing me from continuing to eat
5 days

Muscle chub

SumoSized:
Ill keep that in mind, I'm still trying to get my body used to eating more food. Like at certain points I can tell I'm not physically full but I'm subconsciously creating a mental block preventing me from continuing to eat

That's probably your #1 problem. Make it your JOB to eat. Pull no punches, eat it ALL. Add more cream, eat all the cheese, carb load when you don't "need to" carb load. 😁👍 Many folks also swear by weight gain shakes.
4 days

Muscle chub

I was I a pretty similar spot. Always found it hard to overeat and gain even when I wanted it to be just muscle. Ended up gaining some weight by adding some shakes and eating less clean. Shakes I think are what really I attribute to it.

Though be aware, it might not be a problem for you, but I was caught off guard how lazy I became after gaining. Wanted the muscle chub beefy lifter look too, but not nearly in the gym as much as I used too.
2 days

Muscle chub

Ex Jock:
I was I a pretty similar spot. Always found it hard to overeat and gain even when I wanted it to be just muscle. Ended up gaining some weight by adding some shakes and eating less clean. Shakes I think are what really I attribute to it.

Though be aware, it might not be a problem for you, but I was caught off guard how lazy I became after gaining. Wanted the muscle chub beefy lifter look too, but not nearly in the gym as much as I used too.
Do you have a favorite brand of protein powder for gaining or will any of them do? And I can definitely feel the laziness part, after I passed 200 lbs I really can't bring myself to do cardio at all and recently I've pretty much gone from going to the gym daily to 3-4 times a week if that.
2 days

Muscle chub

I always used Optimum Nutrition protein and then added extras in to make them more “gainer” shakes than just protein. Pb, milk/cream, ice cream, cake/pancake mix even sometimes, etc. or you can just get the mass gainer kind too which would probably help.

A lot of other people have good experience and results with the Boost drinks. I’ve never really done those and they’re more meal replacement than protein, but they definitely do some damage
2 days