Feedback and suggestions

Notifications options

Just joined. Apologies if there is a really obvious answer to this and I’ve somehow missed it but …

Is there a way to turn off getting a notification when somebody visits your profile? I feel it would be helpful to be notified if someone likes a photo or leaves a comment or something like that but for me getting a visit does not really feel notification-worthy in itself. And if most of the notifications I got were about visits and nothing else, to be honest that might feel a little bit depressing (although I don’t want that to sound like a criticism of visitors, of course).
2 days

Notifications options

If I understand your question, it's about whether you'll see the count increment over the bell icon over the top of the page, and that list of events when you click on it.

If that's the case, then I'm sorry, but presently there's no way to disable this.

If you're asking about desktop notifications via the browser, FF doesn't do or use this.

If you're asking about whether you receive e-mails upon certain events, there's only three events where you can get e-mails, and the first two are disabled by default:

1) When someone sends you a PM. However, the e-mail will only contain the screen name of the user who sent it - you would still have to login to the web site to read it.

2) When someone replies to a post or thread you wrote. However, it only appears to trigger on the first reply (if you wrote the thread), or on the first post immediately after a post you wrote in reply to a thread.

3) If you request a password reset. These e-mails can't be disabled, but in theory these shouldn't happen that often to begin with - only if you forget the password to your user account.
1 day

Notifications options

ILuvChubbyChix:
If I understand your question, it's about whether you'll see the count increment over the bell icon over the top of the page, and that list of events when you click on it.

If that's the case, then I'm sorry, but presently there's no way to disable this.

If you're asking about desktop notifications via the browser, FF doesn't do or use this.

If you're asking about whether you receive e-mails upon certain events, there's only three events where you can get e-mails, and the first two are disabled by default:

1) When someone sends you a PM. However, the e-mail will only contain the screen name of the user who sent it - you would still have to login to the web site to read it.

2) When someone replies to a post or thread you wrote. However, it only appears to trigger on the first reply (if you wrote the thread), or on the first post immediately after a post you wrote in reply to a thread.

3) If you request a password reset. These e-mails can't be disabled, but in theory these shouldn't happen that often to begin with - only if you forget the password to your user account.

Thank you for taking the time to respond smiley.
1 day