Lifestyle tips

Training yourself to permanently overeat/binge eat

If you're looking for "rapid weight gain" I'd recommend shooting for something like 40lbs per year, which is just shy of 1lb per week.

May not sound like much if you're used to reading stories about faster gains but trust me it's more than you'd think. 120lbs over 3 years is still quite rapid.

Personally though, I feel like the journey is much more enjoyable at around 25lbs per year. It may take 5 years instead of 3 to hit 120lbs but your body will thank you.
1 day

Morbidly A Beast:
just following your appetite and being consistent is more than enough to gain it doesn’t need to be cramming endless calories into your mouth some of us have actual stuffing fetishes we want to be miserabley full don’t conflate people who do 20k calorie feats with people who are just trying to gain, also no one does 20k calorie everyday consistently that would wreak absolute havoc on just about every aspect of your body.

Munchies:
And don't even get me started on the damage that will do to your wallet. A dollar don't spread as far as it used to. If you got a fat gut and a skinny wallet, that gut ain't gonna stay fat for long.

Real it’s expensive af to stay full these days… I think we might see a triumphant return of the prosperity belly
1 day

I would suggest start eating larger portions at each meal and snacking all thru the day.
All these stories about rapid weight gain are usually just fantasies.
Getting your body used to more food going in does stretch the stomach slowly.
It takes time for your metabolism to react to the influx of more food.
Once your metabolism slows down you will gain weight steadily IF you keep eating larger portions.
Myself I have compulsive overeating disorder and have times where I eat a ridiculous amount of food.
1 day

J8o8h8n:
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for training your body to overeat to the point where you no longer have to actively think about it and your body just 'autopilots' to eating thousands of calories more than you need in a day.

I was also wondering if there's a point where it no longer gets uncomfortable stuffing yourself with that amount of food. Obviously you will probably be uncomfortable if you're always pushing your body to its limits, but is there a point where you'll be eating thousands of excess calories on the regular and it won't feel uncomfortable because you've expanded your capacity to the point where eating enough to constantly grow is your new normal?

For anyone who's done this, how long does it take for this habit to become the new normal?

I can tell you it absolutely is possible to hit a stage where you need 15,000 or 20,000 calories a day to even feel full. I can also say it comes with consequences you have to be ready for. That's not what you asked though, so I'll share my experience.

I've been fat my whole life and have only ever tried to lose weight once. I dropped from 370ish to about 190, and it was neither easy nor fun. I think I probably do have a slow metabolism as well, because my body didn't seem to want to maintain 190, even though at the time, I was physically active and pretty strict with my diet. When I acknowledged I was unhappy, I first started eating whatever I wanted. Having been accustomed previously to being a big eater, I fell back in the groove pretty quickly, and I didn't really find it hard to hit 4,000 or 5,000 calories a day. I'm also a stuffer, and initially, the average stuffing would be 10,000 calories in a sitting to begin with, and then kept increasing. I found, the bigger my stuffings, the more my regular daily appetite and capacity grew. During peak gaining periods, I've put on 10-12 pounds a week. That required monster stuffings, in addition to all day grazing. I'll also add, eating like that is very expensive. My fiance and I have good incomes, but we're not rich, and we've had weeks where I cut out other personal expenses because the grocery bill was between $800 and $1,200. We agreed on the expense though. I guess we considered it an investment in our lives just like anything else, because we were both enjoying what we were doing.

In any case, if I had any pointers, it would be increasingly large stuffings and staying constantly full, topping off anytime the fullness alleviates. If stuffings aren't your thing, eating something every hour, like a 500 calorie snack is effective too.
1 day

J8o8h8n:
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for training your body to overeat to the point where you no longer have to actively think about it and your body just 'autopilots' to eating thousands of calories more than you need in a day.

I was also wondering if there's a point where it no longer gets uncomfortable stuffing yourself with that amount of food. Obviously you will probably be uncomfortable if you're always pushing your body to its limits, but is there a point where you'll be eating thousands of excess calories on the regular and it won't feel uncomfortable because you've expanded your capacity to the point where eating enough to constantly grow is your new normal?

For anyone who's done this, how long does it take for this habit to become the new normal?

BigBallBellyGirl:
I can tell you it absolutely is possible to hit a stage where you need 15,000 or 20,000 calories a day to even feel full. I can also say it comes with consequences you have to be ready for. That's not what you asked though, so I'll share my experience.

I've been fat my whole life and have only ever tried to lose weight once. I dropped from 370ish to about 190, and it was neither easy nor fun. I think I probably do have a slow metabolism as well, because my body didn't seem to want to maintain 190, even though at the time, I was physically active and pretty strict with my diet. When I acknowledged I was unhappy, I first started eating whatever I wanted. Having been accustomed previously to being a big eater, I fell back in the groove pretty quickly, and I didn't really find it hard to hit 4,000 or 5,000 calories a day. I'm also a stuffer, and initially, the average stuffing would be 10,000 calories in a sitting to begin with, and then kept increasing. I found, the bigger my stuffings, the more my regular daily appetite and capacity grew. During peak gaining periods, I've put on 10-12 pounds a week. That required monster stuffings, in addition to all day grazing. I'll also add, eating like that is very expensive. My fiance and I have good incomes, but we're not rich, and we've had weeks where I cut out other personal expenses because the grocery bill was between $800 and $1,200. We agreed on the expense though. I guess we considered it an investment in our lives just like anything else, because we were both enjoying what we were doing.

In any case, if I had any pointers, it would be increasingly large stuffings and staying constantly full, topping off anytime the fullness alleviates. If stuffings aren't your thing, eating something every hour, like a 500 calorie snack is effective too.

How often were the stuffings?
18 hours
12   loading