Gaining

Any accidental gainers on?

I’m an accidental gainer because of my yo-yo diet. No matter how much I lose I jut give up & give into my feedee side. Then I regain it all back & extra.

Slowly increasing my set point of the years.

All my accidental gaining has helped me to reach moderate obese levels of fatness. Definitely love being this big. Hopefully my next big gain will be soon.
1 week

Chubby Cow:
I’m an accidental gainer because of my yo-yo diet. No matter how much I lose I jut give up & give into my feedee side. Then I regain it all back & extra.

All my accidental gaining has helped me to reach moderate obese levels of fatness. Definitely love being this big. Hopefully my next big gain will be soon.

Similar situation here, but due to anorexia. I've lost 30 lbs at 15, went up to 180+ lbs.

I eventually stopped weighting myself so I don't know just how fat I got, but I was around that weight when I had my relapse at 35 and lost 90 lbs.

I'm already up at least 50 lbs from my lowest weight, but most of that gain happened in the last months since my dad passed and I had a lot of stressful events happen one after the other.

I hope my set point hasn't increased, but the way I've been gaining lately I'm terrified I'll overshoot my highest weight (I'm not sure if that was my set point because I was still gaining about 4 lbs a year every year, but because I was trying to restrict calories and avoid junk foods I was constantly grazing and would binge on sweets).
1 week

Chubby Cow:

Glitter Jelly:
Similar situation here, but due to anorexia. I've lost 30 lbs at 15, went up to 180+ lbs.

I eventually stopped weighting myself so I don't know just how fat I got, but I was around that weight when I had my relapse at 35 and lost 90 lbs.

I'm already up at least 50 lbs from my lowest weight, but most of that gain happened in the last months since my dad passed and I had a lot of stressful events happen one after the other.

I hope my set point hasn't increased, but the way I've been gaining lately I'm terrified I'll overshoot my highest weight (I'm not sure if that was my set point because I was still gaining about 4 lbs a year every year, but because I was trying to restrict calories and avoid junk foods I was constantly grazing and would binge on sweets).

Stress eating did encourage me to eat more & my biggest gains came from me using food as a stress relief.

If you are trying lose weight, reduce your sugar intake. It will help a lot, as long as your set point doesn’t increase. However you can decrease your set point, with a long term low calorie diet. It takes a year of discipline to achieve it.

I struggle with that part, as I don’t commit for the long term but maintaining my current set point is easy.

After I had a sudden weight gain spurt because of stress binge me eating bags of chocolate after work.

I ended up being 273 pounds.

After stopping the sugar soft drinks I very quickly dropped down to 252 pounds. Then my new set point kick in & I slowly regained most of it back & now I’m in the mid 260 pounds.

It took me while to learn to love this new set point. I'm still physically active & mobile. It just easier to walk than run.

Plus, I kinda like the look of my body at this set point. So I decided to maintain it, instead of fighting it. I do exercise my legs muscles regularly to justify my current weight.

My feedee side still wants me to gain more though.

I guess, im saying is that as long as you are physically active. The some extra weight is bad. It only a problem if you are not active.

I hope I manage to make you less terrified?
1 week

Chubby Cow:
Stress eating did encourage me to eat more & my biggest gains came from me using food as a stress relief.

If you are trying lose weight, reduce your sugar intake. It will help a lot, as long as your set point doesn’t increase. However you can decrease your set point, with a long term low calorie diet. It takes a year of discipline to achieve it.

I struggle with that part, as I don’t commit for the long term but maintaining my current set point is easy.

After I had a sudden weight gain spurt because of stress binge me eating bags of chocolate after work.

After stopping the sugar soft drinks I very quickly dropped down to 252 pounds. Then my new set point kick in & I slowly regained most of it back & now I’m in the mid 260 pounds.

It took me while to learn to love this new set point. I'm still physically active & mobile. It just easier to walk than run.

Plus, I kinda like the look of my body at this set point. So I decided to maintain it, instead of fighting it. I do exercise my legs muscles regularly to justify my current weight.

I guess, im saying is that as long as you are physically active. The some extra weight is bad. It only a problem if you are not active.

Not really, as I'm lazy and hate exercising, to me it feels like punishment for being fat. 😪

I wanted to start taking walks more often, but I live in Quebec and I hate walking in the cold and snow...

You can decrease your set point with a prolonged low calorie diet? 🤯 I thought it had the opposite effect!

I had been restricting my food intake significantly for the last few years and avoiding most carbohydrates: I never ate pasta or potatoes, very rarely allowed myself to have dessert/sweets (except some dark chocolate), bread, rice, granola...

This is how I had managed to maintain my weight at 100-120 lbs.

Since my dad died I think I've been eating my emotions more than I like to admit.

My psychiatrist was worried I'd lose
too much weight on the Vyvanse he prescribed to me for my ADHD but I actually GAINED weight because it reduces my appetite so much during the day I forget to eat... and wake up multiple times at night and binge on fatty (a chunk of cheese, peanuts/nuts including butters spooned straight from the jar) or sugary (candy, dulcey and white chocolate, sweet banana chips) foods.

Even during the day I've allowed myself to eat muffins and sweets more often (there's this coffee shop where they have pistachio chocolate croissants 🥐... those are SO good it's ridiculous).

It's like I have no self control anymore.

When I stepped on the scale and saw I was up to 139 lbs, I tried to bully myself into dieting but it backfired on me and I end up stress eating even more. 😩
1 week

Chubby Cow:

Glitter Jelly:
Not really, as I'm lazy and hate exercising, to me it feels like punishment for being fat. 😪

I wanted to start taking walks more often, but I live in Quebec and I hate walking in the cold and snow...

You can decrease your set point with a prolonged low calorie diet? 🤯 I thought it had the opposite effect!

I had been restricting my food intake significantly for the last few years and avoiding most carbohydrates: I never ate pasta or potatoes, very rarely allowed myself to have dessert/sweets (except some dark chocolate), bread, rice, granola...

This is how I had managed to maintain my weight at 100-120 lbs.

Since my dad died I think I've been eating my emotions more than I like to admit.

My psychiatrist was worried I'd lose
too much weight on the Vyvanse he prescribed to me for my ADHD but I actually GAINED weight because it reduces my appetite so much during the day I forget to eat... and wake up multiple times at night and binge on fatty (a chunk of cheese, peanuts/nuts including butters spooned straight from the jar) or sugary (candy, dulcey and white chocolate, sweet banana chips) foods.

Even during the day I've allowed myself to eat muffins and sweets more often (there's this coffee shop where they have pistachio chocolate croissants 🥐... those are SO good it's ridiculous).

It's like I have no self control anymore.

When I stepped on the scale and saw I was up to 139 lbs, I tried to bully myself into dieting but it backfired on me and I end up stress eating even more. 😩

It takes at least a year of a dedicated diet to lower your set point. Personally it’s very hard for me to commit to that as I don’t really want to have boring meals for a long period of time.

However there are easy way to make exercise more fun. I just playing video games & exercise at the same time. Using a step machine or an exercise bike. I can do that for hours.

There are many ways to be fat & healthy. It varies between people. Sumo wrestler during their active career are a very good example.

As long as your weight isn’t negatively affecting you, then don’t worry too much about it.

My weight doesn’t really affect me that much. I can out walk a lot of people that are thinner than me.

Think of it this way, you are much more thinner than me & have a long way before getting to my level. If I’m healthy / fit & body positive at my size.

Then you should have no problem at your size. Try not to let a few extra pounds get you down.
1 week

While I know many people wouldn't think of me as fat and I still have (at least some) thin privileges, it's the rate at which I've been gaining that is freaking me out.

Gaining 20 lbs in 5 months is very fast for me, as it took me 6 years to go from 90 lbs (at the worst of my anorexia) to 120 lbs.

Unless I can maintain or at least slow down the weight gain, I'll be back to my original weight (around 180 lbs) by next summer and I'm definitely not mentally ready for that.

I need some time to get used to this larger version of me and feel like myself again when I look in the mirror.

Body positivity feels out of reach... If I can achieve neutrality it will be a big step in healing my relationship to my body.
1 week

That is completely understandable. It also took me time to learn to be body positive & I went through the same emotions as you are currently experiencing. When I tried to lose the weight.

I’m probably going to though those emotions again if, I accidentally gain a large amount again.

However I haven’t given up losing weight.

Still, I understand the feeling you are going through.
6 days
123   loading