Feedback and suggestions

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

Thanks for letting me know. This may be a different bug from the message leaks, which is hopefully better now. I'll continue to work on it.
9 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

We're in another reset loop in chat ever since the daily reset. I haven't been fully checking but it's been at least 6 times, very likely a few more, in just 80 minutes tonight.
9 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

I just started a new convo with someone cool in the chat and two messages leaked in 5 minutes. First chat I had in a week.

I just said sorry but f this and left.

It's like a joke we have a permanent chat button to put it on every page to access a feature whose core functionality is critically broken.
4 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

Hate to double post, but just to put it bluntly. I don't pop into the chat often anymore because this problem didn't get better, it got so much worse it's totally broken now. But when I do, I always see people commenting on the reset. Users are just taking it and joking "hamster fell off the wheel again".

This critical failure of the chat began happening around the same time as some other changes, such as adding the chat button to the right side of the screen on the whole website.

So, it doesn't appear to be a random event, and should be something that you can at least get back to partial failure (instead of total failure we have now) by rolling back/undoing some changes.

The last time I tried to talk to someone there, I refreshed the chat and pasted my message every reply so it would not have time to reset during the 10 seconds I spent typing it, which would make me inadvertently send to the whole room (a "leak"smiley. We still had leaks and I made a kik account just to keep talking to this person, lol. She said this chat was "too chaotic" and wanted away from it as soon as possible. This isn't a conductive way to meet people, and most will just leave in frustration first.

Edit: Thinking about it, and in the interest of being productive. A prior change stopped users from being purged from the online list when they leave. They just stay there. It's plausible that the platform is resetting more often because it can't handle the ballooning list of users. Then, when it resets, people often experience it as a "chat leak" because you don't necessarily know it reset and the system will send your message in the main room even though it may appear you are still in the private chat on your screen, which hasn't updated.

The issue of users not being purged from the system happened at the same time as updates that included the green/amber online dot. This feature is not worth breaking the whole thing over. I'm just one guy observing this but I would strongly urge you to revert back to the state it was before.

But my fear is that you are just editing the server live, without any backups or even notepad files to swap out lol
3 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

I just popped into the chat for the first time since I wrote that post days ago. The first thing I see, a 2min old msg, is

"Was a highlight this morning smiley for an hour resetting every 2mins smiley"

This is the kinda stuff I see every time. It's not a fluke. It's hard to imagine the owners/admin are okay with this situation, especially for so long. If it were my website I'd be freaking out after 2 hours. It is what it is I guess.
3 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

Chat has now resorted to resetting every several seconds. It is functionally an unusable feature on this website, currently (3:40pm PST)
3 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

Thanks for reporting, we have had a couple of site updates recently so sounds like an unintentional bug. I will test the chat and report back to hiccupx to get this looked into asap.

Thanks,
c00kie
FF Team
3 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

Objectify:
I’m finding I can’t get the social upgrade to work. Ran out of messages and want to keep chatting but the link isnt working.


Hi thank you for reporting this. Hiccupx is aware and is currently working on getting this fixed. If you still wish to you will be able to upgrade to the social package soon.

Take care,
c00kie
3 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

Update: Upgrade bug is now fixed.

c00kie
FF Team
3 months

Chat update 27/01/2025 - report bugs here

I've just uploaded another update to the chat application. This one was a bug fix update to try and eliminate the chat leaks. The problem is that this leak bug is elusive, because it only seems to happen under certain conditions. However, I've built additional security checks into the code, so that even though we can't completely replicated the bug at this stage, hopefully we'll still catch it with these checks.

If you find the chat leaks are still happening, e.g:

* Suddenly you are thrown into someone else's private chat
* Your in 'General' chat and suddenly you see a message that was intended for a private chat room

please let me know below, giving as much detail as possible about what happened.
3 months
56789   loading