I met with my doctor this past Friday for my annual health checkup. He went over all the test results, and everything was fine except for the cholesterol and LDL, which were both elevated. Heavy whipping cream will do that to you.
He then mentioned my weight, and how much it had gone up since my last appointment. He then turned the monitor toward me, and I realized that his system was charting my weight. It was kind of hot to see my weight just shoot right up within the past year. He then expressed concern over my weight gain of 43 pounds in one year.
He mentioned that options were available to help with weight loss, such as GLP-1 medications, though he also expressed is hesitance and skepticism about prescribing them. He asked me if there was anything he could do that might help me with weight loss. I said, "I could use something to help me sleep."
I know that poor sleep can contribute to weight gain, but I was thinking more along the line of helping me sleep off all those calories from the heavy whipping cream
. Normally, I would have felt shame and embarrassment by the doctor bringing up my weight gain. Instead, I felt proud that he noticed the weight gain. It was nice for someone else to acknowledge the fruits of all my "hard work."
Switching topics, I found out I may need to serve on jury duty in November. Let's see if I can outgrow my wardrobe by then
.
He then mentioned my weight, and how much it had gone up since my last appointment. He then turned the monitor toward me, and I realized that his system was charting my weight. It was kind of hot to see my weight just shoot right up within the past year. He then expressed concern over my weight gain of 43 pounds in one year.
He mentioned that options were available to help with weight loss, such as GLP-1 medications, though he also expressed is hesitance and skepticism about prescribing them. He asked me if there was anything he could do that might help me with weight loss. I said, "I could use something to help me sleep."
I know that poor sleep can contribute to weight gain, but I was thinking more along the line of helping me sleep off all those calories from the heavy whipping cream
. Normally, I would have felt shame and embarrassment by the doctor bringing up my weight gain. Instead, I felt proud that he noticed the weight gain. It was nice for someone else to acknowledge the fruits of all my "hard work."Switching topics, I found out I may need to serve on jury duty in November. Let's see if I can outgrow my wardrobe by then
.
3 days