Gaining

America's obesity epedemic, whats are your thoughts about it?

It does cause problems, of course. But it sure makes it a good time to be an FA!
15 years

The medical researchers are trying to make a fortune out of it. They get more reseatrch money if it affects more people, so they lower the threshold of the definition of obesity. They get more research money if it is considered a disease, so they call obesity a disease. They get more research money if it is an epidemic, so they declare it an epidemic. They get more research money if it is contageous, so they called it contageous. It's all about the medical researchers and grant money, and big houses and Mercedes. Nothing else.

15 years

Oddity wrote
I, for one, believe that the fast food and diet industries are collaborating. One could not survive without the other.

If obesity ceased to exist as we know it, the diet industry, worth billions of dollars today, would also cease to exist. And they don't want that.

Diet industrys are most likely working with fast food industries. The people eat fast food, they get fat, they become unhappy (some...), and they buy diet books, foods, and exercise equipment.

There just seems to be a mutualistic relationship between the two.

Do I have a point? Or am I just rambling...

I have made a very similar point before... probably not on here though. I don't log in much. But really... I've wondered, when advertisers buy spots, do they know what is being advertised before for after them? How many times do you see a diet commercial followed by an ice-cream commercial? LOL My beef is mostly with the diet industry. They make billions every year convincing people are inferior/broken and need their products to "fix" them. If the diets actually worked, the'd put themselves out of business. Can't help but wonder about that.... LOL
15 years

I could not care less. My preference is for extremely obese women and I am glad they are here.
15 years