Gaining

Can water be counter productive to gaining?

Water is a very important part of gaining. Drink plenty of water.
13 years

scrambledegg wrote
At the same time you shouldn't drink too much either - as drinking gallons and gallons of water causes the brain to swell - people have died from it. Google it!

Shouldn't drink too much at once, at least- drinking only water throughout the day instead of what you might usually drink is not going to kill you!
13 years

Far be it from being counter-productive water can be used to increase capacity, especially if you drink it with an absorbant starch like white bread, or rice.

When I was gaining actively I drank a lot of water, and usually when I did shortly after it filtered through my system I'd be hungry again. So I can say with confidence that it worked for me.

Though all of that being said you should heed scrambled's advice and avoid drinking huge amounts of it in one sitting, particularly if you haven't had much to eat that day. It always pays to be safe.
13 years

I love water, I actually drink around the 8 glasses a day thing (even though that advice is BS lol) not cause I feel I have to, just cause its the best! smiley Despite this I was able to gain pretty easily (after overcoming my own metabolism) so, no, I do not think water does any harm to gaining.
13 years