Gaining

Gainerism - what should i do?

Since I was a youngster I have been plagued by the strong desire to get/be fat. It's something I've never got my head around and it continues to this day.

For most of my life I have tried to ignore it, with my family being very weight-conscious and always talking about being healthy.

Now living freely, having moved out of home a few years ago, I've got more control of my life. I told my fiance about it, she doesn't seem to understand properly but said as long as I don't become a fat slob its ok.

For a while now I've been contemplating what to do to sort out my desires, asking myself the question 'what should I do?'

I'm sure you've all experienced my story and I would appreciate any advice you may have.

The options appear to be to:
1) continue to ignore it
2) pursue the fantasy (get fat)
3) any other ideas????

So I'm putting it out there -
What should I do?

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who is successfully managing their gainerism - What has worked for you?

Thanks in anticipation smiley
12 years

lol gainerism, never heard it called that, I like it. smiley

It’s really up to you, although it certainly helps that you are now in a situation that allows you more freedom then you had before.

You could always do what is often suggested to new gainers, gain a small amount and see how you feel about it and then decide where to go to from there.

Also you could try planning out the fantasy as if you would go ahead with it. Think about things like how much you would gain, if you'd have a goal weight, paying for bigger clothes and the food to gain, not to mention dealing with the reactions of friends and family.

Speaking of which, there is one thing that you mentioned that concerns me:

mouse wrote:
as long as I don't become a fat slob its ok.

I know I don't know the situation, but I think you need to teach your fiancé about this if you intend to pursue it along side a relationship with her.

It’s great that she didn't freak or anything, but that reaction leads me to believe that she seems to have very stereotypical views about fat and fat people.

I'd just be worried about going ahead with it, thinking that she’s ok with it when she doesn’t fully comprehend what it’s all about. That leaves the risk of her freaking out later when you’re married and bigger which would be a tragedy.

Anyways, there is no need to rush into things; you got your whole life, and now the freedom, to do what you want. Experiment, test your boundaries, see what you like and what you don’t. Just please make sure your fiancé understands that any increase in your weight won’t automatically effect your hygiene and/or personality lol. smiley
12 years

Maximum wrote:
Anyways, there is no need to rush into things; you got your whole life, and now the freedom, to do what you want. Experiment, test your boundaries, see what you like and what you don’t. Just please make sure your fiancé understands that any increase in your weight won’t automatically effect your hygiene and/or personality lol. smiley

This is true, I've been gaining purposefully since I was 13-14 years old. And so have reached a current weight of 480-ish pounds.

That being said, I would not consider myself a slob. I'm almost compulsive about my own hygene. If I miss a shower even one day I feel disgusting and oily.

And I'm not exactly lazy either, I make a point to always walk upstairs rather than taking the elevator up *I do take the elevator down most of the time, once you reach these high weights the impact of walking downstairs isn't the greatest for your knees, whereas walking upstairs is actually beneficial for the knees and back.*

Just about the only thing about me that could be considered "slob-ish" is the fact that I don't generally fold my cloths...but let's face it, I'm a male college student lol.
12 years

Thanks for the replies smiley

I've been experimenting with this for the past year, but I have quite high metabolism so it has been hard to get results. I'm 6'2 and appeared skinny at 83kg for years, but slowly worked up to 90kg.

Last year I set myself a goal of reaching 100kg (about 220lbs) by this December. Got to about 95kg and my partner wasn't fussed. Ate a bit less and quickly dropped back to 90kg and she said I was losing weight and joked about me getting boney.

We've talked about me getting to 100kg and she's definitely ok with it. She's just scared of me getting *really* big, but I don't think I want to go there anyway.

The real unknown for me is how I will feel at 100kg... will I want to be bigger again? I'm starting to look at this as a psychological issue (not necessarily in the negative sense of the word though) that I need to address/satisfy somehow, but I don't know whether I can really ever achieve that permanently.

Any thoughts?
12 years

What you are talking about is something many gainers have to deal with.

For myself personally, I know the attraction comes from the actual process of weight gain, going from small to big and bigger, rather then any final number or size, so if I was ever to pursue it purely for a sense of satisfaction, I think I'd end up gaining forever.

If you think this is the case with you, then you need to be more realistic about it. Consider “maximum weights” and such, not as goals that you’d be happy reaching, but as points that you’d rather not go past due to how it would affect your life.

Given the opinion of your fiancé, that shouldn’t be too hard to sort out, lol. Just be aware that when you do reach them, you may want to continue gaining. In which case, rather then impulsively following the desire, make sure you re-evaluate your previous gain, your current weight and how further weight would effect you.

I think this is a point where a lot of people blur the line between fantasy and reality; of course it sounds fun to just give into the idea of gaining and growing indefinitely, but it’s not that simple, especially when you start heading into super sized weights.

I wouldn’t worry too much though, you’re aware of it now before you have even really started, which should help you keep things in perspective. Ultimately, you should just enjoy it though, I’m sure between yourself and your fiancé you’ll be able to keep it under control. smiley
12 years

Exactly when I first started gaining on purpose I was a young teen. And when I'd reach my "goal-weight" I'd take a minute to think, sort of look myself over...and every single time I thought, "Hmm, I think 50 more pounds..." without fail.

For me it was so much about the process that any goal I reached seemed too low when I finally reached it. I'm hooked on the feeling of outgrowing clothes and being bigger and softer.

But as Max said it's always important to re-evaluate your gaining when you reach any of those "goals". Just don't be surprised if it doesn't feel like enough.
12 years