General

Identified as an ff member?

It does happen. I know someone from here who got recognised from his photos in the street in Manchester.

As long as you're fine with them screaming "OH MY GOD IT'S SWEET SAUCE FROM FANTASY FEEDER" in a public place, you've no worries...

My concern is that I fetishise my own shape and like stuffing boys, and post about it in here. Nothing to be ashamed of, but I just don't really think my colleagues or people who hire me to do a job, or my family really need to know about all that. Although my Gran would be fine with it. I think you've seen it all by the time you're 92.
12 years

foxglove wrote:
My concern is that I fetishise my own shape and like stuffing boys, and post about it in here. Nothing to be ashamed of, but I just don't really think my colleagues or people who hire me to do a job, or my family really need to know about all that. Although my Gran would be fine with it. I think you've seen it all by the time you're 92.

I do not completely understand your worries. You placed the photos and created the profile by yourself. there is a little bit of own responsibility implied by that act. and since the profiles are very 'deletable', so to say, any moment you wish - I think your worries are a little bit overrated.
12 years

fatFairy wrote:
foxglove wrote:

I do not completely understand your worries. You placed the photos and created the profile by yourself. there is a little bit of own responsibility implied by that act. and since the profiles are very 'deletable', so to say, any moment you wish - I think your worries are a little bit overrated.

I'm just contributing to the debate. I understand the OP saying he doesn't know what to expect. I have a dilemma about whether to leave up a face pic I recently posted because of the concerns I outlined. Yes of course it's my responsibility (did I say otherwise?) but I'm aware it has its own pros and cons. And as to whether my worries are overrated - I know a woman on here who posted body-only shots, got identified by a colleague who recognised her home in the background, who proceeded to blackmail her, demanding sex and money. I guess it depends also what profession you're in, and mine is very stuffy. And as for my profile being deletable - yes, but what's been seen/read can't be unseen. It's a matter for the individual to decide but we all have different personal circumstances to take into account.
12 years

foxglove wrote:
I'm just contributing to the debate. I understand the OP saying he doesn't know what to expect. I have a dilemma about whether to leave up a face pic I recently posted because of the concerns I outlined. Yes of course it's my responsibility (did I say otherwise?) but I'm aware it has its own pros and cons.

Then maybe you should delete it. Because you don't have a peace with it.(All odds of you being actually recognized put aside.)

And as to whether my worries are overrated - I know a woman on here who posted body-only shots, got identified by a colleague who recognized her home in the background, who proceeded to blackmail her, demanding sex and money.

The right question is:what did that college do on this site himself???

This for sure is not a situation anyone wish to happen. But, you're gonna be blackmailed only if you allow it. I do not see other way to explain it but to describe my own situation. And that is: I accept myself fully as 'round' or you can call me 'fat' person. By all means. There is no force on earth that can put me on diet, no matter what. Being here on ff is part of own acceptance. In that sense: nothing can come out, that already isn't out. (No skeletons in the closet).

When you put it that way I am very poor blackmail target smiley.

I guess it depends also what profession you're in, and mine is very stuffy. And as for my profile being deletable - yes, but what's been seen/read can't be unseen. It's a matter for the individual to decide but we all have different personal circumstances to take into account.

I am 'self employed', but for big part I also depend on others to be placed on different locations. If me being who I am can jeopardize how much work I'm gonna get - the hell then, I don't want to work with them either! And would rather choose to change professional network, than to have to hide. I mean this is how discrimination works.

But I allow that people have different meanings and feelings on this subject. And that some people want to keep it private. In that case - act private and do not put on internet anything that can influence your RL.

It is all about making choices in life.
12 years

fatFairy wrote:
foxglove wrote:
I'm just contributing to the debate. I understand the OP saying he doesn't know what to expect. I have a dilemma about whether to leave up a face pic I recently posted because of the concerns I outlined. Yes of course it's my responsibility (did I say otherwise?) but I'm aware it has its own pros and cons.

Then maybe you should delete it. Because you don't have a peace with it.(All odds of you being actually recognized put aside.)

And as to whether my worries are overrated - I know a woman on here who posted body-only shots, got identified by a colleague who recognized her home in the background, who proceeded to blackmail her, demanding sex and money.

The right question is:what did that college do on this site himself???

This for sure is not a situation anyone wish to happen. But, you're gonna be blackmailed only if you allow it. I do not see other way to explain it but to describe my own situation. And that is: I accept myself fully as 'round' or you can call me 'fat' person. By all means. There is no force on earth that can put me on diet, no matter what. Being here on ff is part of own acceptance. In that sense: nothing can come out, that already isn't out. (No skeletons in the closet).

When you put it that way I am very poor blackmail target smiley.

I guess it depends also what profession you're in, and mine is very stuffy. And as for my profile being deletable - yes, but what's been seen/read can't be unseen. It's a matter for the individual to decide but we all have different personal circumstances to take into account.

I am 'self employed', but for big part I also depend on others to be placed on different locations. If me being who I am can jeopardize how much work I'm gonna get - the hell then, I don't want to work with them either! And would rather choose to change professional network, than to have to hide. I mean this is how discrimination works.

But I allow that people have different meanings and feelings on this subject. And that some people want to keep it private. In that case - act private and do not put on internet anything that can influence your RL.

It is all about making choices in life.

Thanks for the advice, I'm glad everything is so black and white for you.
12 years

Haha Living out in Western Australia there is very little chance of anyone seeing me on the street but if they did I wouldnt mind, I think it would be awesome to talk to people in real life from FF
12 years

I've never been recognized, to my knowledge anyway, but I have had moments where I thought I recognized someone from here.

There's a big probability that I was mistaken so I didn't say anything. But anyways...

And also, I have to say that I'm throwing my lot in with FoxGlove and Amy. I've put my face up here for the world to see. But that doesn't mean I don't feel a little paranoid about it sometimes.

As a gainer I have to think that it would be catastrophic if somehow my family found out about it...they might even call the men in the clean white coats...
12 years

Sorry if I made a wrong impression. The intention was not to lecture. Just to simplify the logic. As I simplified my own life. It is kind of relief eversince.

2 ppl I share household with know about FF. It would be a miracle they don't, since I leave my comp everywhere, and am automatically logged in, so therefore they can see it just passing by.

Further than that few colleagues and close family members know about my standpoint regarding food, if not about the site itself.

The rest just didn't ask the right question yet haha... smiley
12 years

geekybibabe wrote:
As for being able to delete your profile anytime -- sure, but that's no guarantee the information in it hasn't been saved somewhere. Have you ever seen the Internet Archive?

That is a big true. That's why I said: delete it if you cant cope with it. Or don't put it.

I mean just a wrong persons' pressure on PrtScr and paste in Paint - and there goes your privacy...:o

btw., That is a whole new subject: privacy abuse and members as 'sitting ducks' here on the site.
If you look at it that pessimistic way - you shouldn't do anything, ever - there's always some risk involved smiley
12 years

foxglove wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I'm glad everything is so black and white for you.

Hahahahaha.....my sentiments exactly, lol.
12 years
12   loading