Gaining

Interesting question -but long

gaz28 wrote:
it is in fact genetic i.e. it is not something i have learnt through an odd experience or a mental illness (so there is nothing wrong with me smiley)

I don't know, but I suspect that it's a combination of genetics and experience.

They've found a gene that causes a person to become an abusive, violent adult, but only if he's abused in childhood. If he's not abused, or doesn't have the gene, he'll grow up normally.

I suspect sexual fetishes are similar.

Anyway, I would still agree that nothing's wrong with you.

gaz28 wrote:
so I wonder what percentage of people who are fat are fat because of sexual desires?

Wild guess: Between 5% and 40%.

gaz28 wrote:
how many people do you suspect have this fetish?

Wild guess: Between 2% and 5%.
12 years

My dad and brother have the same/similar fetish as me. There's at least some truth in this.
12 years

Oh, yeah, just remembered: I know of at least two cases where sisters turned out to both be feedees...
12 years

gaz28 wrote:
AskDrFeeder wrote:They've found a gene that causes a person to become an abusive, violent adult, but only if he's abused in childhood. If he's not abused, or doesn't have the gene, he'll grow up normally.

i hadn't previously considered inherited personality traits may require some sort of early trigger, that's really interesting, thanks

Another example: a baby monkey will learn to fear snakes if he sees his mother reacting fearfully to a snake, but he can't learn fear of, say, potatoes this way. So it's just like you say...he has an inherited fear of snakes that needs an environmental trigger to activate it.
12 years